We survived a verrrrrry long day (3 flights, 2 layovers) on Saturday and got in to Idaho Saturday night safe and sound. Flying with two kids is a joyful experience as I'm sure you can imagine! I am already feeling a sense of anxiety when thinking of flying back by myself with the two boys since Garrett has to head back a week before us. I was a pro at flying with Tyler by myself, but this is a different story. Anyone got any tips for me?? Oh boy.
I tried my hardest to get my Mardi Gras pictures posted before we left, but was running short on time and then my pictures wouldn't post. So that will be one of many posts when we get back (unless I figure out a way to post pictures while I'm here). We were hoping to see some snow, and let's just say it did not disappoint. Church was cancelled yesterday, schools were cancelled today and we are in the midst of a white winter wonderland and it's been so fun! Tyler is loving playing in the snow and I'm already tired of getting the snow clothes on and off a zillion times a day. And Sam is just loving all the attention from all these strange people he's never met! :)
And while I'm add it, I think I'd better jot a quick note to self.... Self: you know that cute little 4.5 month old baby boy you have? Yeah, you know, the one named Sam....well, please remember that he spits up...a lot. So, it would be in your best interest to not forget to pack some burp cloths in your carry on bag. In fact, you may as well just pack a separate bag of burp cloths for the flight. Your little bundle of joy will thank you. The airline will thank you. The other members of your family will thank you. The stranger sleeping soundly sitting next to you will most definitely thank you. So, please, please, please remember burp cloths for the flight home. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





13 comments:
Ohh, I'm so jealous. That's so great that you get to be home. I've heard about all the snow. So fun! I love the note to self. That is SO Marcus. He's a spitter upper. I'll make sure we have plenty of burp clothes when we go home. :) Have a great time in IDAHO!
Oh Becky my stomach has already started the pre-flight stress sickness for you. I can not even begin to imagine what it would be like to fly with 2 small children all by yourself. And 2 layovers!!! Holy cow! I am glad you made it!
Glad to hear that you're in this part of the country and enjoying the snow! I imagine you won't be in Utah (SLC), but if you are & have time to get together then let me know, ok? I think flying with 2 babes sounds super stressful. I don't know how one does it. Oh - and if you want tips I suggest asking Shauna Rhodenizer - she just flew to Canada (without the hubby) with all THREE of her kids (ages 4 and under). Insane, huh?
I have soooo been there!! Jeff suggests an extra set of clothing for yourself, hee hee.
No flying tips for you, sorry! Just prayers. :-)
But I'm glad Tyler gets to enjoy some good snow out in Idaho. Have a great time while you are there!!
I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one with a little spitter! Enjoy your time in here in Arctic-Idaho! :)
Just thank your lucky stars that you only have to pack burp rags in your carry on bags. When I travel with Jordyn, I have to pack extra outfits. Have fun in Idaho, and enjoy the snow!
So glad to hear that you are getting a fun trip to Idaho. I am anxiously awaiting our trip out west. As for the plane ride I feel for you!! I have flown by myself with 2 kids and lets just I have not done it since. The whole bathroom thing was a nightmare!!! Best of luck on your way home and have a grand time while your home.
Your in Idaho??? Sweet! I'll be going to Utah next month, maybe, and am not excited to fly alone agian. But, it always seems to go smoothly in the end. I wish I had some advice for you...
I can TOTALLY relate to the spitty baby dilemma. Evan would soak 10 cloths a day (thank Heaven for the once you gave me. They've taken a likin' and they keep on tickin'!) I started Evan on rice cereal at about 4.5 months because the Dr. said it would reduce the spit up. Boy was he right! He went from spitting up 5 times a feeding or more, to virtually no spitting up at all. It was quite a relief, I must say.
Becky! Once we get settled into our home in Mississippi....Shane and I will have to take a road trip down to visit you and go thru the temple in Baton Rouge! I am soooo spoiled living only 10mins away from ours here.
Becky,
I hope you are enjoying Idaho and the weather has warmed up some since you've been here so that's a plus. Flying with two kids is tough. I've done it but not by myself. Try to take as little carry on as possible, so you can focus solely on your kids. Also, something we found out on our last trip is that those motorized carts that ride around the airport are for anyone so hop on one to get to your next terminal, just make sure you have some cash for a tip (if I remember right). For some reason we always thought they were for older people or handicapped people, but after they switched our terminal a couple of times we just hopped on one and rode it. That might work.
Sorry to write a book. Enjoy the rest of your time and good luck on the flight home.
Ohhh, traveling with kids..ahhhh!! I had to fly once by myself with all 3 kids, I was a nervous wreck! I used to give the boys dramamine when they were younger so they would sleep the whole time. Now I make sure to have pleanty of snacks and some type of activity books for the airlplane, When Rob is there he brings his laptop for the kids to watch movies, but I wouldnt try that if your alone. Good luck, I feel your pain!!
That reminds me of our first time flying with Allison, what was supposed to be 2 hours ended up being 9 and 1/2, it was crazy. It is an adventure flying with kids. That is fun that you were able to go to Idaho, I love visiting the west with the snow and everything, it is great. Hope that your guys are doing great, how old is your baby now???
Post a Comment