Monday, February 25, 2008

****S*N*O*W* *D*A*Y****

Feb 3, 2008
Remember how I said I had like 10 million pictures to post? Well, here are the first of many. And remember how I said that we were definitely not disappointed with the lack of snow? Here is our first time out in it once we got there. We flew in late on a Saturday night and woke up Sunday morning to find out that it had snowed and snowed and snowed over night. It was beautiful! I realize that I really have missed it. (And I know all of those of you who are living in it right now are thinking I'm crazy and you'd switch me places!) And it was Tyler's first real experience playing in snow, believe it or not, at the age of 3. The last time we even saw snow was the winter before we moved from Iowa and he was barely a year old, so of course, he wasn't playing in it much. We weren't sure what he would think of it, but he loved it. I was totally prepared for the outings to be the type where I'd spend thirty minutes getting him all dressed up to go out and then have him come in ten minutes later. But he didn't seemed bothered by the cold at all and absolutely loved playing in it. And on this day, church was cancelled, so we had a lot of time to explore!




Here is my cute newlywedded sister Angie. I know she will love me to death for putting a picture of her on my blog! :)
(the picture above is 100% posted for the Nielsens--I knew they'd love the expressions on BOTH of those faces. Twins. Really, they are.)
I think Garrett had just as much fun as Tyler. He has missed playing in the snow too! Since all of the snowmobiles were at my parents' cabin, he got out the 4 wheeler instead and certainly had a lot of fun with it. First the events consisted of spinning cookies in the driveway.
Tyler apparently didn't like having the snow hit him in the face while Garrett was spinning cookies. I love that look on his face!
Seriously, it was snowing so hard!
And then Garrett started pulling my brother Carter around on his snowboard. The things you entertain yourself with on a snow day!! We loved having a snow day!

11 comments:

cshel said...

Wow - it sure looks like a winter wonderland for the Thalgott family! :-) Looks like they had a blast and Tyler's face is priceless. Fun...thanks for posting!

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

Fun! And cute pics. And hey, I've never heard the term 'spinning cookies'. I like it though - I think I'll adopt it.

Shay said...

How fun! I've heard from my Dad that the winter in Idaho has been pretty crazy this year. Tons of snow. Avary had a blast playing in it when we were there for Christmas. She could have stayed outside for hours, if I'd have let her! I'm so glad you guys got to go visit!

Anonymous said...

Hey brat! thanks for the cute pic of me lol You just wait-i took a cute one of you on mom's camera and maybe i'll find a way to post it! :) jk Your blog is very cute tho-that was a fun day! We miss you so much! Love ya!
~Ang~

Jared said...

Man I miss you guys. Was thinking about some fun times with you just the other day and started laughing at the memories. I hope Emily and I can get our family out to see you sometime...so we can catch up. Tell Garrett I miss the days we used to rule campus together. LOL

Jared-

Anonymous said...

What a fun and amazing day that was! I miss you guys so much. I love the faces on your two biggest guys. The snow here is melting, kind of. Just enough to be kind of ugly now. We think spring and then we get hit with another snow day. I think the climate of New Orleans sounds kind of nice right now actually. Snowmobiling was awsome Monday, accept I hit a tree. I'll have to tell you about it when I call you today. Love MomA

Corinne said...

Becky. . .It looks like so much fun! My kids now can't wait for the snow to melt so they can go waterskiing! I haven't checked in for a while. Your kids are so cute. It looks like your family is doing well. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Te hat looked like yoiu guys had fun tlhat day. Garrett and Tyler do have swome of the same expressions. It makes me laugh. I'm glad that Garrett got to have fun in the snow too. Here we are in Florida and guess what---unseasonably cold weather. Good thing I got some sun yesterday. I have gotten used to the cold weather following me where I ago. Oh well. Warmer than Idaho though so what do you do? Shop instead!!! That works too. Love you guys and miss you lots. love momt

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

AMAZING PICTURES...LIKE ALWAYS. I MUST SAY THAT IS PROBABLY THE BEST LOOKING SNOWMAN I HAVE EVER SEEN! GOOD JOB!
MISS YA,
AMANDA

The Nielsen Family said...

I am still laughing. So before I even read that that picture was for us, I was already laughong and then I read it was for us and I abt doubled over. The picture below it is one of my fav GT faces. In fact I have about that exact face on my cell phone. Matt and I look and laugh often...no offense Garrett. :)

Alison said...

Great pictures! Looks like everyone had a fun time!