Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Home

Ahhhhh, home.
Yes, we're home. Exhausted. Suitcases not unpacked yet. But we're home and slept in our own beds last night and that is all that matters. Really. My bed has never felt so good. And I don't have any desire to fly by myself with two kids for a really, really, really long time. Similar to the pain of childbirth. You have to give yourself a while to forget how painful it really was before you think it might be an all right idea to go through it again. Wow, it was truly the longest day of my life. I woke up at 4:30 am and we arrived in New Orleans at 9:00 pm (again, 3 flights, 2 layovers) and I've never felt more "done". I'll spare you the details. We're just glad to be home. And do not fear, I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 million photos to share over the next few days/weeks/months (however long it takes me to get around to it!). We'll be sharing Mardi Gras fun in NOLA before we left, lots and lots of snow, sledding, snowmobiling, Mardi Gras party in Idaho, Valentines Day, cabin, tractors, family time, Sam turns 5 months, and lots and lots of snow (did I say that already?). But right now I don't feel like doing a whole lot of anything!

9 comments:

cshel said...

Yay!! Glad you made it home safe and sounds despite the "fun" with the day of travel. I look forward to your pictures and catching up!

Lexi said...

Welcome home! I was just thinking last night 'I wonder when Becky will be home- they've been gone a LONG time'. And then I checked your blog and here you are! I'm sure that now you need a vacation from your vacation (that's Troy's big joke). Well, hopefully you'll have recovered enough that we get to see you soon!

Jeni said...

Flying with kids is so hard. We went to Utah for Thanksgiving, and I was nervous for our flight for MONTHS before we left. We spent an extra hundred bucks each just so we could have a non-stop flight. It was worth it!

Ashley said...

Sounds crazy, I am flying by myself in a few weeks with just one baby, I hope it won't be quite as bad as with two. Can't wait to see the pictures, when you get a minute, can you tell me what kind of camera you guys have???

Hillary said...

That is a cute picture! Cash keeps asking for Tyler (like today at story time). Even though they fought most of the time, he sure misses having a playmate! Love you lots!

THE BEAN FAMILY : aaron,candace,ashlyn,alysse, and macey said...

Once again that is such a cute a picture!!! And i bet you have missed the snow...ok well maybe not but i bet it was fun to play in for a week. It is sooo much fun to travel several hours with multiple kids!? It takes about a year for me to muster the courage to do it again!

Shuldberg Family said...

Looks like you had fun. Oh the snow - how fun. Funny how a little time will play tricks on your memory.

The Nielsen Family said...

Hurray, hurray, hurray to have you home! So sorry to hear of the torturous plane ride. Thanks G$ for one of your classic faces in the picture. Memories, nothing but memories.

Anonymous said...

Im glad that you made it home safe and sound. I thought about you so much during the day and thought how many more hours you had etc. Im sorry it was such a hard trip. You are such a trooper to do all that. I'm glad the dvd player helped a little. Enjoy the warm weather. It still continues to snow here. Great to see you. love grandmat