What would a winter trip be without a snowman???
The day after the big storm proved to be an ideal snowman making day. We met up with my sister Marilee and her two cute kiddos and let the kids build a snowman. Or I should say, Marilee and I built a snowman and let the kids put the finishing touches on it. We both figured it had been quite a few years since we had done that and we were pretty out of practice. So we got overly ambitious with the bottom and made it rather large and then ran out of steam and his middle and his head were pretty small in comparison to his trunk. Oh well, we all can't be perfectly shaped, right?!
Getting the finishing touches...right down to the pipe and all!
Our trunky creation in his finished glory. And we realized much later that he never got any arms. Poor thing! We clearly won't be winning any contests for our snowman making abilities. (Sorry Marilee if you were hopeful that we were. But I don't think we are...)
Cute little Rhett...
Miss Gracie...
Taking a break from all that "work" and laying down in the snow.





5 comments:
I just wanted to let you know that Lizzy and I were looking at all the cute pictures on your blog and every time she saw a pic of Sam she would announce "Baby!" and lean forward to give the computer screen a kiss. What a sweet couple of little boys you have! Definitely kissable!
It is so fun to see pictures of Rhett and Gracie. After hearing so much about so many of your family members it is nice to put the name with a face. It doesn't seem to long ago that you announced over a Settling game that Marilee gave birth to a little boy named Rhett. They both have gorgeous eyes.
BTW, your snowman needs to work on his word of wisdom problems.
I can't believe you would say such harsh things about our snowman!! I do think he is quite photogenic, because he looks better in the pictures than he did in person! Too bad he is just a puddle now!!
Marilee
OK you have definatly not seen any of our snowmen. We usually get anywhere from 2-4 inches, so not much to work with. Then we srounge around for whatever we can use for his face (like sticks, bark, coal from the BBQ) then it usually has a baseball cap on. So yours would for sure beat ours.
Looks like a lot of fun. I like your snowman!
Post a Comment