
It seems that most days generally go like this. We get up and get breakfast, get dressed, get ready for the day, etc. And if we don't have some immediate plans or somewhere to be, it seems that the house gets a tad on the chaotic side. A baby who needs fed, changed, rocked, etc....and a 3 year old who is right on my heels every step of the way. And then the magical moment happens. We all need a break, so on comes Thomas. And suddenly, the outside world no longer exists and the boy falls deep into the Thomas Trance. And we don't hear a word from the 3 year old for somewhere in the neighborhood of 54 minutes. Yes, that's right, I know exactly how long MY break is going to be when Thomas comes on! I appreciate Thomas for an entirely different reason than this boy does.

And as much as I detest having that little theme song hum through my head the rest of the day, I am as grateful as the 3 year old is for the 54 minutes of Thomas we enjoy in the morning.
9 comments:
Don't you love those cherished few minutes when you can do something uninterrupted. At least by one of your children?!
tyler melts my heart. i am sad that i left primary as he was entering.
I hear you on that one. Sometime a favorite show is a life saver!!
I can't wait for 54 minutes!! It sounds LOVELY!!
Alison
Who ever said that they television is a bad baby sitter? You can't get much more wholesome that Thomas! I love that little kid.
Love MomA
Amen sister!
Backyardigans is how I get my shower! Gotta love the TV trance!
Oh he looks so cute. You get the best shots. I just want to give him squeeze and a kiss. I hope we can watch some thomas together when he is here. Cant wait to see you. It was -13 here this morning---bring your long johns!!!! love grandma t
That is how I get a few more zzzz in the morning. Ty wakes up early and turns on cartoons.(I have learned to set it to the right channel before I go to bed at night) we are good for another hour until Lucy wakes.
Post a Comment