Friday, January 25, 2008

The 3 Year Old Perspective

I'm not sure what it was about turning 3, but it seems now that Tyler is three, I am more and more entertained by the things that come out of his mouth. So for posterity's sake, I'm jottin' some of these gems down. Here are a few of our conversations as of late:
Mom: Tyler, it's time for lunch. What do you want to have?
Tyler: Hmmmm, maybe a peanut butter & jelly sandwich with mayonnaise?
Mom: Mmmm, that sounds delicious...
And here is some dialog that has come up often times lately:
Mom: {after T had finished doing something I had asked him to do} Thanks, Tyler. You're a good boy!
Tyler: Thanks. You're a good mom.

Mom: {before Tyler leaves somewhere with Daddy} Bye, Tyler. I love you. Please remember to be a nice boy.
Tyler: OK. You be a nice mom. Bye!

Tyler: Mom, I have a secret to tell you. {Tyler leans in to tell me in my ear} If you be a really nice mom, then morrow we will go kids' museum.
(looks like I better be on my best behavior....and ok, ok, I fully admit we've bribed the kid before!)

Tyler: {turning off the TV when Garrett was watching it} Daddy, when you be a nice dad, then you can watch your show. Maybe morrow.
Looks like I better refrain from calling Tyler a "big boy" for a while since I would prefer to not be told I'm a big mom.

And the Dialog of the Day goes as follows:

Tyler: Mommy!!
Mom: What?!
Tyler: I need to go potty!
Mom: OK then, let's go. Hurry!
Tyler: OK! And I promise I try weelly hard to not go potty on wall or floor.
Oh, the joys of boys!

And speaking of my boy, here are a few of the pictures I took of him to update my mantle now that he's three. And I'm having trouble deciding for sure which one to print 8x10 and frame. I think I'm leaning towards one of the ones of him standing against the wall, but I'm not sure which one. It's always nice to have some other eyes checking it out, so I'd love to know your opinion. And oh boy, getting a natural smile out of a kid when you really want one is nearly impossible, I tell ya. But, I think I have a few shots I like.
And when I was proofing these, I wasn't sure if these were pictures of my own kid. Seriously, when did he start looking so big? Kind of sad. I guess you must grow up quickly when you're eating all those pb & j & mayo sandwiches!






15 comments:

Jo Ann Anderson said...

So I get to comment first and just wanted to say how talented you are!!! The pictures you took are amazing and you have to promise if you ever make it back to Iowa that you will do a session with my kids. As for my favorite picture I would have to go with the first one posted agianst the wall with Tylers eyebrows raised....adorable! I also really like the one of him sitting on the tree branch.
I am so jealous of the wonderful weather you are having.....I have forgotten what sun feels like.

Lexi said...

1,2, and 6 are adorable! He has twinkles in his eyes!

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the 2nd one against the wall. I also like the tree one. I sure hope you can get some good ones of my kids when you come!! Oh and I know what you mean about getting a natural smile! Gracie is the worst! Marilee

cshel said...

Cute pictures of a cute little (big?!?!?!!) boy. These pictures are great. My favorites are the close up one of him (with the wall in the background) and the one of him sitting on the tree.

Be a good mom morrow, ok? :-)

Anonymous said...

Your dad and I pick numbers 5 & 6. We think he looks a little more natural. He certainly is getting to loose the little boy look. Love Mom and Dad A

Nicole said...

Those are precious! He is just so cute! Love the big brown eyes!

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

They're all great, but my vote is the first one against the wall - I love it. And, Becky, I'm sorry I haven't written you back yet...thanks so much for the email - the tips were great!!

aidanjordan said...

Ok, first the 4 month old pics of Sam. Now you're just bragging. Could your kids BE any cuter?! I'm not going to be any help because I LOVE THEM ALL!

THE BEAN FAMILY : aaron,candace,ashlyn,alysse, and macey said...

You do such a great job taking pictures of your kids. they are amazing. Alysse is in the cheeeeese stage so all of her pictures look like she has to go to the bathroom. And i love your boys they are the cutess things ever. I also love tyler's three year old boy comments. i almost dies laughing at the "this time i will try not to pee on the wall or floor" I know it sounds crazy but that makes me want a boy to pee on my wall and floor all that much more!!! great post

Heitmann Family said...

So handsome. You do such a great job!! It helps to have an adorable model though too!!

Heitmann Family said...

Oh yeah and I love the second wall pic!!

The Nielsen Family said...

All adorable, but i say #2. Also, my favorite thing is to read or hear little kid comments. Tyler sounds like he has a number of classics. I was cracking up!!! You have two freakin cute boys!!

Shuldberg Family said...

What a cute kid - I've never noticed the chipped tooth before. But it just adds to their personality.

Kris said...

He is hilarious! Your boys are so handsome. I miss you!

M & S Eagar said...

Adorable pictures - I think you should print all of them and have your own photo gallery in your house. You're very talented. I love looking at looking at all of your beautiful pictures.