Friday, January 4, 2008

Tagged-7 Things About Me

I was tagged a while back by Lexi and am supposed to list 7 interesting things you may not know about me. Sorry it has taken me so long, Lexi. I got wrapped up in the holidays and then have been thinking of what to say and have determined that I am a very boring person. :) Here are my 7 things:

1. I have a secret obsession with Wheel of Fortune. I try to tune in every night at 6:30. And I am really good, if I do say so myself, and am convinced that if I were to go on the show, I'd win BIG. (of course I can say that as I have only played while sitting on my couch). Nothing frustrates me more than to watch and know the answer myself while the people on TV obviously have NO clue what it is. Or the person doesn't know how to spell it, or they freeze up and guess a letter that has already been guessed, or they pronounce it incorrectly so they get it wrong. But then I am pretty sure I'd be the one to do something totally stupid if I were on or I'd be the one who always landed on Lose a Turn or Bankrupt so I'd not even really get a chance to play... Can you tell I've envisioned myself on the show??? I've never built up enough courage to go try out even though the Wheel Bus has been in my towns before for try outs. I'm just a chicken!

2. I am an anti-clutter freak and am constantly de-junking. I have no problems throwing things away or giving to Goodwill.....except that I have a hard time parting with boxes. Yes, boxes. And yes, I feel like a total weirdo admitting this. But here are my reasons: I worked in shipping departments for four years and know the value of a good box. I have moved three times, and again, know the value of a good box. I have sold oodles of things on ebay, which requires a good box to ship things in and since we have lived far from family for so long now, I am constantly shipping stuff home for different occasions. So, I am always in need of a good box. I have to go through my stash and throw them away sometimes and of course shortly thereafter I always need one of the ones I chucked. And I also know that we will someday move out of this apartment and I know I'll need boxes and it seems you can't ever find them when you need them most! {I am pretty sure this craze of mine drives Garrett crazy--until he needs a box, of course! which has definitely happened more than once, too!}

3. I still have my wisdom teeth. In fact, one is fully grown in. They have never caused me problems and the one finally grew in and was straight, so I've never had to consider having them taken out. Must be why I just appear so wise, right?

4. I consider myself to be pretty low maintenance, but you will ALWAYS find my toenails painted. I cannot stand the look of my feet without colored toenails and I have to take my makeup off before I go to bed. I can't sleep with it on, it drives me crazy. On the off chance that I leave it on, I honestly don't sleep as good.

5. One of my greatest fears in life is failing as a mother and and not teaching my children enough and not preparing them to be responsible adults, etc, etc. I am constantly rededicating myself to this job and trying to do better because I often feel like I'm failing. (I know, I know--we moms can be so hard on ourselves.) I am always second guessing the way I do things and know I need to work on having more confidence when it comes to my motherly instincts. But really, though, is there more of an overwhelming responsibility than that of a mother? Scary! Thankfully, a lot of joy and laughter comes with this responsibility... :)

6. I have a complete and totally crazed obsession for photos. There are few things I love more than pictures (and those few things are usually the people in the pictures). And I know you're saying, "duh, that's nothing we didn't already know. we have seen your blog and seen that you clearly take a ridiculous amount of pictures..." BUT, really this obsession goes waaaaay back. I remember having my friends' school pictures plastered all over my binder in the 6th grade and then in high school I had an entire wall in my room plastered with snapshots and school dance pictures and the like. (my mom loves me for this as I totally ruined the wall and she had to fill in all the tack holes to repaint it after I moved out. sorry, Mom!) And of course now, as a mother, there quite honestly nothing better than pictures of my wee ones. I have always loved scrapbooking (completed my first scrapbook when I was 13) because it lets me use my pictures and I am really enjoying learning the art of photography. And lucky for me, my scrapbooking and photography hobbies have also provided a little extra income for me as I've taken on some custom scrapbooking jobs and some photo shoots from time to time. It's nice to be able to financially feed my obsession a little bit. :)

7. I make lists. And lists. And more lists. I make lists to keep track of my lists. I would cease to exist if it weren't for lists. I have them all over the place--from grocery lists, to do lists, project lists, goal lists, things to remember lists, gift idea lists, etc. Garrett is always saying I should get a Palm Pilot or something so I can keep track of things on one of those, but to me, there is nothing that can replace the physical part of writing something on a list. I have to write it down or else I will forget, so I can't go technological on this one. And when I was majorly "nesting" right before I had Sam, the list making was seriously out of control. It was quite a sight.

So, there you have it. I feel like I just spent time in confession and now I am embarrassed that I'm such a nerd. :) And I'm supposed to tag 7 other people, but I really can't think of anyone to tag right now who hasn't already been tagged. So if I think of some, I'll update here and put a name. But until then, should you feel inclined, please consider yourself tagged. I love reading other people's answers, so go for it!

5 comments:

kdance said...

I'm with you on the mother thing. Will we ever stop worrying??? It's such an awesome job, but so exhausting when all you do sometimes is second guess.

I can relate to saving boxes. I'm especially obsessed with saving ribbon, tissue paper, grocery bags (so awesome for poopy diapers), and gift bags! I drive Dave crazy, especially because I WILL move all of them back to Poky with us.

And, why in the world have you NEVER tried out for WOF???? You need to do it. You would rock the kasbah with that. I'm hoping to see you up there with Pat someday. Fulfull your dream!!!

Cook Family said...

I laugh at our similarities! I have to have my toe nails painted, and I too save boxes for shipping. and last but not least my room growing up had so many holes from all my pictures on the wall. It cracks me up. And someday I would love to own a nice camera because I love photography.

cshel said...

WOW Becky - we have A LOT in common. I will have to tell my hubby that I can't be crazy because there are others out there like me. Though I'm not a WOF fan and didn't know that about you!

Brook said...

I loved reading about your boxes. I'm right there with you!! boxes and bins...it is quite ridiculous. Also loved your Christmas, and Tyler's birthday posts so great to catch up.

The Nielsen Family said...

Hilarious!! I love reading these things and finding out things that I had no idea about even from people I think I know really well. As you figure things out about how to be a great parent, because from my point of you you are please let me know your secrets.