Sunday, September 7, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Ahhhh, we're home! Exhausted, but home, and that's all that matters. We rolled in last night at about 7:30 and I can very honestly say I've never been so happy to see my apartment complex--I honestly wanted to cry when we pulled up. All is fine with our place, no damage to speak of. I just had to throw the rest of the food away that I had forgotten to throw out before we left since the power was out for so long. Yuck! I'll have a lot more to blog about, but for now...we're just home! We all slept phenomenal last night and are all feeling a little "hung over" still today. You'd think all the toys in our house were brand new because the boys are acting like they've never seen them before in their lives and they are so entertained by them.

But the downer of coming home was to come home to the latest buzz of Hurricane Ike heading toward the gulf. I feel like throwing up even thinking about evacuating again in a few days. Please pray that Mr. Ike will stay away. At this moment, I do not want to be ANYWHERE but in my own home and I don't want to go anywhere for a long, long, long time. And Sammy's birthday is Sunday and I don't want to be celebrating it anywhere but here. Go away, Ike! Stay far, far away please!

13 comments:

cshel said...

YAY!!! I am SOOO happy that you are home and back in your own beds. And I really hope and pray you can avoid evacuating again. We are crossing our fingers for you.

Take care...

Hillary said...

Really, I am sick for you. I pray that you don't have to do this all again, especially so soon! Thank goodness you are home though and that you were able to escape damage to your apartment. We love you lots and will be praying super hard that Ike decides to take another route (or just go away)!

The Nielsen Family said...

Hurray Hurray you're home!!! I feel such relief knowing that you guys are back and safe. I pray so much that you guys won't have to leave for Ike. What a crazy life you never dreamed you'd be living.

On a lighter note, I didn't know you guys had a Thomas table. For fun!! Someday I too dream of having a Thomas table. (Wow, the life of a mother when you'd rather have a Thomas table than let's say a designer outfit because silly that would just get ruined._

Anonymous said...

Oh what an adventurous week you have had---just going on a road trip seeing random things like---Elvis Presley's house!!! That is so funny that you would search that out!! jk. I bet you guys just fell into bed last night and it felt soooo good. I dont even hardly dare look at the weather chanel. I dont want to hear that Ike may be heading that way. Believe me---we are praying for him to go away!!! Glad your evactuation was a safe one and that you returned home to everything---even the not so nice stuff in the fridge!!! I didnt know if your windows would have gotten broken, people going in your place, who knows. I thought of it all--I am sure. So glad you made it home and so glad for the Esplins for "hosting the homeless" for a few days. Take care. We are praying for you. love momt

M & S Eagar said...

I am soooo very glad to hear that you made it home safely and were spared any harm. I hope Ike goes away soon. Good Luck.

Alison said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you that you are home and that everything was safe and well. Isn't good that food can be replaced so easily. We will hope for you to not have to evaculate again :)

Kyle and Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you're home! We'll pray that Ike leaves you alone.

kdance said...

Yaaaaay!!! I feel so relieved for you. Ahhh, I can totally envision your relief as you walked through your front door. What a crazy week for you! So glad you're safe and sound. Give the boys big hugs and kisses from us!

Cook Family said...

I'm so glad you guys are home! I pray that you are out of the path of Ike. What a crazy season!

Suzanne said...

nothing like home...again, I've been there done that....after Katrina, we were without power for five days...and we actually rode the storm out at home. Not fun, but we were home. I'm in the same boat with ya girl...Ike is a scary one too...we're in that little cone of probability too...so, once again, we're just kind of praying for the best.

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

Stay away, Ike!

Tara said...

I am so glad you guys got to go back home and that all was safe and sound. We'll pray Ike goes away so Sam can have a terrific Happy Birthday.

Elicia said...

Soooo sooo glad you're home and I will definitely pray for you. Home is the best place ever to have a birthday.