Sunday, December 2, 2007

And the Winner Is

OK, before I begin, let me first start by saying WHOA! I can't believe how many people responded to my drawing. I drew from 26 names (that did include you both, Cindi and Amber, just so you know!)--I didn't even realize there were even 26 people in the world who read my blog! And I just want to say I am overwhelmed by your kind things you had to say and THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing part of you with me. I loved reading the responses to all three things. It's great to see the little and big things you have all been grateful for this year and I loved hearing your traditions and ideas for teaching about the true meaning of Christmas. Both of these gave me some great ideas. It looks like Christmas pj's are a big hit (my mom still does this for all of us and the grandkids--love it!), and it is clear that all of you go out of your way to look for ways to serve those who are less fortunate. I loved your unique traditions and hearing of all the fun things you do as families. I am feeling blessed to know each of you!

And to hold the suspense a little bit more...I have had a few people ask about how to make a calendar like that. So I figured I'd give you some info about it. Honestly, it was as easy as a craft as they come. I purchased a kit made by Making Memories at Target, in the scrapbook aisle. It had EVERYTHING in it that you need. I used very few of my own embellishments. I added a ribbon or two of my own and my own adhesive, but everything else was in the kit (including the rub ons for the numbers and decor, the big green ribbon, and the paper cut down to the size of the little boxes). So all you have to do is assemble and it's so fast! And now I have done some looking on the internet and have now found out that you can not find this kit anywhere online! It is in Target stores only (as far as I can tell) and the Target stores are only getting a few of them, so it looks like I am very fortunate that I snatched up the two kits when I did. So, check out your Target scrapbooking aisle and see if you can find it there. Mine was near a bunch of other Making Memories holiday themed kits (i.e. ornaments and photo wreaths--a few of which I picked up as well!). So, those are my instructions...drive to Target, check out scrapbook aisle, etc. :)

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for and the WORST moment for me. I didn't want to pick just one and honestly can say that I wished I had 26 of these to send out because I was just all giddy that you guys would even participate in my game! I loved when I would see a new comment and I loved reading it, but then I would think, 'oh, I wish I could send it to her'--every single time! So, then I wondered if it would just be easier to say that Tyler got a hold of it and ruined it and I couldn't send it to anyone. :) So I would think about drawing just ONE name and it made me sad, but I had to do it! But, it looks like the winner of my giveaway will be my very own sister Marilee! Now I promise with all my heart that there was no family favorites being played here. In fact, I had all the names in a bowl to draw and Tyler kept playing with them and brought me one piece of paper. It had Marilee's name on it. I put it back in the bowl because I wasn't ready to draw yet. And Tyler kept playing in the papers and brought me a piece of paper again and low and behold, it was Marilee's. I laughed and put it back in (no offense, Marilee, it's not that I didn't want you to win, I just wasn't to the point of drawing yet!). So, then I had all the names in the bowl and drew myself and this time I drew Marilee's name. So, 3 times now her name had been drawn. I couldn't quite believe it, so I put them all back in and just for kicks, I had Garrett draw and guess what? Yep, Marilee's name again. So I guess it's the destiny of this calendar to go to Marilee--after 4 draws and a 1 in 26 chance of getting drawn each time, she got drawn 4 out of 4 times! Maybe you ought to head to Vegas tonight, Marilee. So, Marilee, I hope you enjoy having it. I'll get it mailed tomorrow (so you can actually have it before the holidays are over!).

And again, thank you all for playing!! I loved doing this so much. In fact, I think I'll have to come up with another thing to do like this in the future because it was SO much fun! And now I need to get back to regular blogging and get caught up here. I am excited to share some of our holidays with you via the blog! Have a great day!

13 comments:

{Erica} said...

nuts i totally missed this drawing but had to scroll back and see ths advent calendar that Cindi was raving about at church. You're soooo talented! I wasn't hit by the "crafty" stick!

Anonymous said...

WAHOO!!! I WON!! I can't even tell you how excited I am right now! Doug thinks I am totally crazy because I just checked your blog and started jumping up and down screaming "I won! I won!" and he had no idea what I was talking about or what I had won! Thank you SO much! I'll call you later! Love ya, Marilee - I still can't believe I won!

Anonymous said...

WAHOO!!! I WON!! I can't even tell you how excited I am right now! Doug thinks I am totally crazy because I just checked your blog and started jumping up and down screaming "I won! I won!" and he had no idea what I was talking about or what I had won! Thank you SO much! I'll call you later! Love ya, Marilee - I still can't believe I won!

Heitmann Family said...

Congrats Marilee and I think I am headed to Target tomorrow to see if they still have one!! Thanks Becky that was fun and suspenseful!!

Anonymous said...

ok When Merilee said to put her name on a bigger piece of paper I didnt think you would do it!!! You are such a good sister. Hillary and I are very sad. Hillary has checked the blog more than once today and I tried on my computer but it wasnt working that good so I couldnt. It was a darling thing and so nice of you Becky and fun for us too. Again, Merry Christmas and congratulations Merilee!!!

Kayleen said...

Congratulations Marilee! This was such a cute idea Becky. I really had fun reading everyone's posts too. We all have so much to be grateful for! Enjoy the season!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Becky for the fun! Congrats to Marilee : )

cshel said...

Thanks Becky! It was fun to read everyone's posts. Congrats to Marilee!! I am heading out to Target today for some groceries...crossing my fingers they still have these! :-)

Campbell Family said...

Tons of fun! Thanks Beck and Congrats Marilee! I'm so glad you did this because I got lots of good ideas. It was fun reading all of the comments

The Nielsen Family said...

I say Tyler rigged it! I mean 4 out of 4 impossible. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Becky, this was fun! And congrats to Marilee!

M & S Eagar said...

It was sure great catching up. I didn't realize it had been awhile since I read your blog. Your tree and vacay sounded like a lot of fun. And...darn for me I was too late to enter your drawing. What a cute and thoughtful idea.

Cook Family said...

Thanks for doing the drawing I had such a fun time reading everyones ideas and I am thinking of adopting some of the traditions. so Cute!!