Sam, Grandma, Tyler, and Me (9/24/07)
Well, I've been trying to hold back the tears since yesterday since I knew today was coming. But the tears couldn't be held back any longer and here they come again as I sit down to type this. I suppose the honeymoon is over and it's back to reality. My mom left to go back to Idaho this morning and that makes me sad! We miss her so much already. The weather outside today has been cloudy and rainy off and on and that would pretty much sum up what my emotions have been doing today too. This proved to be my saddest post-baby day when I had Tyler and so far, it looks like the same for me with Sam. It's when my tears start to fall. It's when I almost feel resentment for the thousands of miles of distance between us. It is a lot like ripping off a band-aid. You know you are going to have to do it, but at the same time, you know it's going to hurt and probably sting for a few minutes afterwards.Of course, I am so grateful for the week she spent here. I couldn't have done it without her. I loved having her here and I feel like I almost get to know her better, if that's possible. She took care of me, she took care of all of us really. She helped tame a wild 2 year old and gave him a lot of much needed attention as we adjust to having two boys to give attention to. She read him books, played trains and watched Thomas the Train movies (I'm pretty sure she now knows the names of all the trains and can sing the Thomas theme song--it's pretty catchy!), she took Tyler for walks around the lake and fed the ducks, fish, and turtles (and a few times, Sam and I even joined them). She kept my kitchen clean, cooked meals, vaccumed my floor, folded laundry, and she kept me company and gave me someone to talk to while I nursed a newborn. She ooh'ed and ahh'ed over my new baby and validated my own opinion that he is simply one of the most beautiful babies to ever enter this world and that he's WAY cuter in person than in pictures. :) She was the extra set of hands that allowed me to take care of myself and gave me time to indulge in things like naps, shaving my legs, plucking my eyebrows, and daily long hot showers! Ahhh! I loved having the time to bond with my mom. I'm sure there will be days that I will wish that I had slept more while I had her help here, but I couldn't because I just wanted to talk to her while I could. I truly believe that having a friend to talk to drives away much of the baby blues for me, so her visit was all the more important. I think there is also an aspect I enjoy because coming from a family of 7 kids, the times were few and far between that I had my mom ALL to myself. I felt this way when she came after Tyler was born and I feel like this again. It's fun to have her to myself for one whole week, even though the rest of the family misses her like crazy! I love you, Mom! I can't thank you enough for coming out and I can only hope I can become half the mother you are. And I hope everyone else in this household can be patient with me as the sting from ripping off the band-aid is still pretty fresh...
And just because I like this picture, here is a new one of Sam today. I am convinced that he is an angel. We love him!










10 comments:
So, you make me cry just reading your blog! (not kidding) I know EXACTLY the emotions that you're feeling! Aren't we sooo lucky to have such great, supportive, amazing parents! Mine are here visiting right now for 2 weeks and I cry just thinking about them leaving. We just have to be strong, right????
My motto some days is, "I can do hard things!"
Sam is beautiful and Tyler is so handsome! Its worth it!
Oh Becky---I have been sad thinking about you and your mom leaving all day. I am so glad she was able to come stay with you. I am sorry you live so far away because we miss you so much. I am sitting here wiping away the tears too. Little Tyler and Little Baby Sam are soo cute and we just love and miss them so much but then stop and reflect on all of our blessings. But---we still just miss you guys. You are such good kids and you have such darling little boys. Cant wait to see them. love s
Wow sis, I haven't cried this hard in a long time, okay I don't think I've cried this hard since you left after Angie's wedding. What is it about you making me cry?!
Hang in there! Easy for me to say, I know. I am spoiled to live close to lots of family, but I can't tell you how much I miss you! Sam is SOOO cute. Give him and Tyler and kiss for me.
Love, Marilee
Oh Becky,
I,m still crying. Leaving you was one of the hardest things I've done in such a long time. You're such a good mom and I absolutely have no worries about my adorable grandsons. I just worry about me getting along without you guys. I really do hate the miles between us. I love you and can't wait to see you in a month. I hope today is a better day for you. I love you. Mom
Hang in there Becky! Even though my life is busy, I am sure Tyler would love to come over and play. Please... perhaps this saturday... laundry day!! This too shall pass! its gets easier, just give it some time!
I have felt that exact same way when my mom has come for my babies. There just isn't anything like a mom to come and take care of you. Hang in there, it does get better as you know, but let the tears fall and you'll feel better!! Your boys are just handsome and I swear Sam already looks different!!!
well-it looks like Marilee and mom have both said a lot about what i was going to say! I seriously hate the miles between us and it's crazy how just reading that can make me cry...I love you Becky! I hope all is going well for ya w/o mom there but we all love you!!!!! Sam is adorable and I can't wait to meet my new li'l nephew! Give Tyler and Sam a kiss for their Aunt Angie ok? I love you Beck!
~Angie~
I really don't even know what to say to make you feel better because I haven't really had to deal with this like you have. You are the best mommy though and are such a strong person. You, out of all the people I know, can handle it the best! I wish so bad that we could be closer and just hang out. I guess our frequent phone calls will have to do for now. We are so excited to meet Sam and chase Tyler around again. Hopefully it won't be long before that happens. Love you lots and talk with you soon!
Oh Becky- i completely understand the baby blues, hormones, and such. Hang in there. Aren't moms great?! Every time my mom and I part I just start counting down to the next visit. The sun will shine soon.
Stacy
Aahhh...hugs to you Becky!!! It's hard when mom leaves I know. And it can be overwhelming to be on your own after having the extra set of hands.
Your mom is awesome and she raised an awesome girl. You have two beautiful little boys and are doing a good job with them.
Have a wonderful day!!!! :-)
Post a Comment