(Talon, Jackson, Taylor, Rhett, Carter, Allie, Alivia, Tyler, Sydney, Gracie. Grandkids not pictured were: Sam, Easton, Samantha, & Gus)The Saturday that we were in Idaho (in April--yeah, a loooong time ago!), happened to be the weekend that my entire family was going to be in town. So all 7 of us siblings and 5 spouses (since Garrett was absent) and 14 grandkids. And yes, you can imagine what fun it is! And how crazy, and wild, and loud, and... So, my dad had the best idea ever! He rented a bounce slide for the kids and it was the most enjoyable day ever. The kids played outside (despite the chilly weather) nonstop. They didn't fight, argue, or anything. They played. And inside, we chatted, fixed food, and actually enjoyed some adult conversation. It was brilliant! And the kids were all waiting for Saturday in anticipation of 'Grandpa's Big Surprise' and what a surprise it was. It was a huge hit! So here are a few pictures of the fun (ok, not just a few, kind of a lot but you wouldn't believe how many times I had to scale it down to make this a somewhat manageable post! So, mom & dad, I'll send you a disc with all of them!).
Oh, and PS--in all of the group pictures, the grandkids thought it was so awesome to throw the peace sign in ALL. OF. THEM. So, this is the only one I included on the blog, but there are LOTS more. :) It made me laugh and it also made me realize that they're all kind of 'growing up'!

Jackson

Tyler (and let me just say how sick this boy was! but I could keep him away from all of this fun! We got to Idaho on a Tuesday and by Wednesday night he was looking pretty run down and sure enough, Thursday morning he had a fever and swollen tonsils and spots on them too. It didn't test positive for strep, but whatever it was lasted the ENTIRE time we were there. He felt horrible! But we at least got the fever battled enough for a little while that he could enjoy some of the fun things there. But all in all, it was the pits to be so sick on vacation! When I look at these pictures, I can totally see that he's sick with swollen tonsils...not fun. But I'm so glad he had a few good moments while we were there, this being one of them!)

Allie

Sydney, Alivia, Taylor, Jackson, Tyler, Talon

Rhett

Taylor & Alivia

Sydney

Sam (he much preferred to lay low and have nothing to do with the big kids bouncing like crazies, but he still had fun as you can see!)

Gracie

Alivia

Taylor

Pallas

Tyler

And that's a wrap! It entertained them and exhausted them...a success indeed! Thanks, Grandpa!!
4 comments:
Such a great idea! Hopefully the new giant swingset Grandma just bought will entertain the kids for hours like the bouncy house did!
So fun!
But now I need to know which kids belong to which kid!
I know Serena's, and I think Marilee's and of course yours. Tell me the rest! :)
Steph, okay let's see if I can get it right. :) ha ha!
Talon, Sydney, Alivia, Pallas, & Easton belong to my brother Todd. Jackson, Taylor, & Samantha belong to Serena. Gracie, Rhett, & Gus belong to Marilee. Tyler & Sam are mine, of course. And Allie is Charlie's. I think that's all of them. :)
Looks like a blast!!
Post a Comment