(that little spec in the top left corner is actually an airplane. I thought that was kind of fitting for the day!)OK, so going way back here...the boys & I flew to Idaho on April 27 (the day after my 29th birthday--so begins the last year of my 20's!!) during Tyler's Spring Break from school. We had seen some incredibly cheap tickets into Salt Lake, so we decided to go for it. We were up and on our way to the airport at the lovely hour of 4 am. The boys did great on the flights and we arrived around noon. My parents drove down to SLC to pick us up from the airport. And I thought we were going to be hopping in the car and heading straight north to Idaho. But instead it seemed we were making our way downtown.
I guess my parents had some surprises up their sleeves. :) We ended up heading to Temple Square to have lunch for my birthday with my brother Todd and his wife Kim and two of their kids. It was so fun! I hadn't been to Temple Square in over 7 years, I believe. And I was glad my boys were able to see the temple. They were pretty impressed by it! We ate lunch and headed out to the temple grounds for just a few minutes (since it was pretty chilly and my boys were suuuuper tired). But it was fun to get some pictures and see it for a few minutes. My only regret was not getting a picture of my boys with my parents. Oops! I was tired, what can I say?

Sam was especially glad to just be able to RUN RUN RUN. He was doing laps. How he had the energy, I have no idea. But he was so glad to be set free!





And then we were off and running to the car again to head to Idaho for real this time!And I thought that would be all of the surprises for the day. But no! We got to my parents' house and settled in a little bit and all sorts of my favorite people started showing up later that evening. Low and behold, my sisters were throwing me a birthday party! I was probably 8 years old the last time I had a birthday party. :) All of my sisters were there, 2 of my brothers, my in-laws, my grandma, and it was so much fun! My sisters outdid themselves. There were chocolate covered strawberries, cheesecakes, strawberry shortcake, and the works. It was so fun! And I was SO surprised. It was pretty funny actually! But there was not a picture taken...boo. You'll just have to visualize it. It was great! So thanks to everyone who surprised me. You did a great job! Of course, there's more to come. Catch up, catch up here I come! (thanks for all of your comments on my last post...feeling much better now. I love hearing from you all, though! keep it up!)







5 comments:
How fun! What a great surprise! I love the pics of the boys with just a glimpse of the temple behind them.
Hi. I read your blog too, beck. Just been busy. Wish I could be in ID too. Happy late birthday!!
What a great and exhausting day!!! Your family is amazing. Love the pictures from temple square. Your boys are growing up SOOO fast! Glad you enjoyed your party. What a fun surprise. Love and miss you!!
You can not imagine the smile on my face to know that you had a birthday party with strawberry shortcake. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me one of them was the character strawberry shortcake... yes?? I love the ide of a birthday party... I just might throw myself one next year. :)
I'm glad we were able to pull off the surprise party! It was so much fun! You should come next year for the big "30" and we will really show you a good time!!
Post a Comment