All right now, continuing on...the next blogworthy event of our trip was an Andersen Family bowling outing. Marilee and I thought it would be really fun to take the kids bowling, so that's just what we did. Mike & Angie, Mom & Dad, Charlie & Whitney, Marilee & co, and my troop were all there and it was a blast to all be together. It was so much fun and of course, it was hilarious to watch the kids bowl! Tyler was a bit disappointed that it wasn't as easy as Wii bowling. He was bummed that he didn't bowl a 145 like his record on the Wii is... Bummer, I know. But really, he and the rest of us all had a GREAT time! So, here are a few pictures of our bowling extravaganza.Here's a run down of how Tyler's turns went...
Grab the ball and head over to the lane...
Get in position and let it go...
Wait, wait, wait as the ball S..L..O..W..L..Y creeps down the lane...
Wonder what to do when the ball is completely stopped in the lane and isn't moving anymore...
Sit and wait for Mr. Bowling Alley man to come and get it and try again!
And Sam's bowling experience consisted of getting in everyone's way, but he was having a good time doing it, that's for sure!
We got Rhett and Gracie in on the action.
And fed Sam all sorts of goodies (as evidenced by the messy face) to try to occupy him and keep him from walking right down the bowling lane.
And we even got Rhett & Gracie's mom in on the action too (and all the others too, but for some reason I didn't have pictures of them...bummer!).

And a spare is SO worth celebrating with this bunch, believe me!!
And next up, there were lots of 4-wheeler rides at Grandpa T's house while we were there. It was freezing cold, but that didn't seem to stop anyone. Tyler definitely gets the royal treatment!

Cash came over too and the boys had a ball riding around with Grandpa.
And Sam much preferred to be on the 4-wheeler when it was NOT running. It kind of freaked him out to actually ride it. But sitting parked in the garage was pure heaven with all those controls to play with!
And after the 4-wheeler ride Tyler still wanted to play outside and found out quickly that frozen dirt does not scoop up AT ALL...and makes for super frozen hands.
So with his hands frozen, he came inside and everyone had some hot chocolate...
Followed up next by ice cream cones.
Doesn't everyone follow up their hot chocolate with ice cream cones when they're chilled to the bone? I thought so!
One more post down, two to go and then I'll be finished with this catching up. Yay!





12 comments:
The bowling pictures are the best! I didn't know they made teeny tiny bowling shoes for toddlers! So cute. And the cousins are adorable! Maybe one day Peyton will have cool cousins to hang with too. We have to wait for some Aunts of Peyton's to get married first though! :-)
Bowling was a BLAST!! I remember Rhett just running laps while throwing the ball in the middle of the laps! :) That was so much fun!
Bowling is my favorite "sport" to play:)
P.S. Although my favorite part is buying the french fries and hamburgers:)
Bowling with kids is always and entertaining venture. Tyler's face while his ball was stuck in the lane is priceless!
I have never actually golfed in real life, but I'm afraid to try because I'm so darn good at Wii golfing! (Not that good, really, but a whole lot better than I would be at the real thing.) So I completely sympathize with Tyler and his bowling disappointment. I feel for ya, buddy!
P.S. I'm still waiting to see your photography blog up and running! :-0
Hey! I know some of those people!!!!
Great pictures! I'm going to have to start following up my hot chocolate with a nice cold ice cream cone...sounds like a great idea to me!
I know, Lexi, I know!! It's SO close...I'm thinking some time tomorrow it will be all finished. I never figured it'd turn out to be such a project! But hopefully tomorrow I'll have it up and running and have a link posted here. :)
I've always loved bowling with my family growing up. I need to start doing that with my kids now that they are getting old enough.
Post a Comment