Wednesday, February 18, 2009

♥♥♥ For the Love ♥♥♥

Guess what??? These pictures are only a few days old, instead of weeks. Wow, huh?! While I had a quick minute before picking up my parents at the airport, I thought I'd blog about our Valentine's Day. And then I'll really be caught up on this blogging business.

Sooo....I must confess that I'm a sucker for holidays. I just love a little reason to celebrate and since I had kids, it has only escalated. So Valentine's Day was no exception. We had lots of fun and lots of yummy treats...just how it should be, right?!
But first things first, Tyler had to get all of his valentines ready for his friends at play group. It was so funny to see him to this. He took it so seriously and had to put a little heart sticker on every piece of candy. I didn't hear a peep from him the whole time!


As you can see, it was a very serious process...
And on Saturday, we woke up and had pink heart pancakes for breakfast.


(and ate them in festive St. Patrick's Day pajamas...look how well I thought ahead on that one!)
And then of course, we had to have some heart shaped sugar cookies,
and some tuxedo brownie cups. Major YUM!
And while Sam took a nap, Tyler spent FOREVER with his new Thomas activity book. Best $5.77 I've ever spent! He seriously painted for hours.

He was definitely channeling his "inner Picasso", wouldn't you say???


And then Sam woke up, happy as can be. Oh, how I love this valentine of mine!

And our evening consisted of chocolate fondue. So, I did chocolate fondue this year for two reasons. 1) I love chocolate fondue. (and haven't had it since we moved from Iowa where my friend Crishelle always had us over for fondue) & 2) I am a total sucker for things like Heart Shaped Fondue Sets from Target's valentine aisle for $9.99. So, it was a win/win situation for us all.

Tyler kept getting confused and calling it chocolate voodoo....I guess it's one more way that this city has rubbed off on him!
And the skewers were even heart shaped, how could you resist?! And we watched our new Madagascar 2 movie we got for Valentine's Day while we ate our yummy treats.

A huge hit for all!

And there you have our Valentine's Day. Definitely not a romantic holiday for us, but definitely a fun one! I love my boys and love the extra chance to be reminded of that!

9 comments:

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

What a fun mom you are! And all those treats are making my mouth water...yum!

cshel said...

OK, I want to come and spend Valentine's Day at your house next year!! Lots of fun. I LOVE that heart shaped fondue set. So wish I had seen that!!

Lexi said...

Mmm. Chocolaty goodness- you can't beat that! I swear I'd go to The Melting Pot only for desert. I love fondue too! So how did the $9 fondue set from Target fair? I always wonder if they would work as well as the top of the line deals. I've never made fondue at home but it looks like fun! Maybe we'll try that next year!

Camille said...

The fondue is making my mouth water, too. What a great Valentine treat! Isaac and Ian wanted heart shaped pancakes, but I didn't have the shape to cook them with. Oh, are those pampered chef's tuxedo brownies? YUM!

Judy said...

I'm with you; a holiday just isn't a holiday without chocolate! Actually, a little bit every day is more what I'm thinkin'. I love the picture of Tyler making his valentines for his buddies; that's one of the things I miss the most about not working in Elementary School anymore; the valentines from the kids. So fun!

The Nielsen Family said...

Yum Yum, next year we are coming to your house for Valentines. I need to learn from you on how to take great ideas and then actually DO them. You have always been great at that. What three lucky boys you have to have you.

Tamara said...

Okay, I'm starting to get a serious complex. You are such an awesome fun mom, I'm pretty sure we had the lamest Valentine's Day ever compared to this! What fun for you and the kids!

Elicia said...

Those treats are totally awesome! I too would love to know how to make them. Do you have something you put on the griddle to make the pancakes turn out that great heart shape? And I totally agree with everyone else who said (and this is my shout in agreement) WHAT A FUN MOM!

Kris said...

You are so creative! Okay - so I need to know. How do you get your heart pancakes so perfect? I tried using a cookie cutter, but that didn't work very well. Do tell!