The next part of our trip consisted of meeting and seeing lots of family members. We finally got to meet my newest niece Allie. She had just turned six months old the day after Christmas and I'm not kidding when I say she is about the best baby EVER. We loved her and she pretty much stole all of our hearts. And yes, I promise, her eyes are really that blue...they are amazing!


We were also able to make a visit to see my Grandma Hall (my mom's mom), or I guess she's Grandma Elison...I don't know what to call her now! My grandpa passed away eight years ago and four years ago, my grandma remarried (at the age of 78!) and now has a new last name. Makes it hard to switch to calling her something else! But Grandma just turned 82 while we were there and it was fun to have a visit with her. She is exactly who I want to age like. She is amazing. She looks amazing and still goes and goes. She is an artist and she still paints and she is an amazing seamstress and she's still whipping out quilts like nobody's business. I was glad I could take the boys to see her so they will hopefully have some memories of her as they get older.


(Oh yeah...Marilee and her kids joined us as well. Here's cute little Rhett!)
And our family feels so blessed that Grandma was able to meet and marry Lewis. He is such a good guy and he is as active as she is. They are so great together and it's so fun to see her have someone to be with this late in life. And we all love him and our kids love him to pieces. He is such a good grandpa. He just has a way with kids and they all flock to him. Even my little Sam, who was not warming up to anybody at this point in the trip, went right to him and sat on his lap. They were instant friends!


Until next time...(only one more "trip" post, I promise. I'm sure you're all tired of them. We're almost there!)





7 comments:
It's been fun reading all about your trip - thanks for sharing! And your photog blog looks great!!! The Big Easy is lucky to have you...and your mad photography skills!
you're right... those eyes are amazing!
I love the pictures from this part of the trip, can I get those pictures from you of Allie?!
Looks like you had lots of fun catching up with family on your trip. Congrats on your Photography Blog, it looks great. I'm looking into getting a slr, what would you recommend. I really want the nikon d60, but right now they have a pentax with 6.1 megapixels for a really good deal. Have you heard much about pentax?
Allie is such a cute baby! Charlie and Whitney did really good.
Becky I have another camera question for you. I know you use nikon d50, but what lens do you use with it. You can post on my blog, or email me @ kristylhansen@msn.com. Thanks for all your professional advice. :)
I love seeing pictures when you are with your family because we have heard of all these names it is fun to put faces with them. For instance, I remember hearing when Rhett was born.
Post a Comment