October 29, 2011 came and with it came the New Orleans Jazz Half Marathon (and my mom's birthday--Happy Birthday, Mom!). I look back at these pictures now and almost can't believe I really did this. I set out with a goal and I accomplished it! I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be able to run 13.1 miles. I have mentioned before that I never enjoyed running, but the last two years have been a change of tune for me and I've finally stuck with it to some degree. :) In August I started training and I'll be honest, I had good weeks and bad, I doubted myself, thought I was crazy, wanted to hide under my covers on the morning of a long run, but in the end, I did it! And it felt amazing! My goal was to just finish, to run without walking and finish...I definitely wasn't going for an amazing time. I knew I hadn't been training long enough to work up my speed too much. I was just concerned about endurance. I was very nervous going in to it, not knowing what to expect, but it honestly couldn't have gone better. Once I passed mile 12 and knew I only had one more to go, it was like a new wind in my sails and it was great knowing I was so close. And to see the finish line in my sight once I was getting close, it actually kind of made me get emotional. I just couldn't' believe I had actually done this! Such a great feeling! And now, looking at the pictures again, makes me think I'm crazy enough to want to do another one. Hmmmm.... :)Tuesday, February 28, 2012
New Orleans Jazz Half Marathon--Oct. 29, 2011
October 29, 2011 came and with it came the New Orleans Jazz Half Marathon (and my mom's birthday--Happy Birthday, Mom!). I look back at these pictures now and almost can't believe I really did this. I set out with a goal and I accomplished it! I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be able to run 13.1 miles. I have mentioned before that I never enjoyed running, but the last two years have been a change of tune for me and I've finally stuck with it to some degree. :) In August I started training and I'll be honest, I had good weeks and bad, I doubted myself, thought I was crazy, wanted to hide under my covers on the morning of a long run, but in the end, I did it! And it felt amazing! My goal was to just finish, to run without walking and finish...I definitely wasn't going for an amazing time. I knew I hadn't been training long enough to work up my speed too much. I was just concerned about endurance. I was very nervous going in to it, not knowing what to expect, but it honestly couldn't have gone better. Once I passed mile 12 and knew I only had one more to go, it was like a new wind in my sails and it was great knowing I was so close. And to see the finish line in my sight once I was getting close, it actually kind of made me get emotional. I just couldn't' believe I had actually done this! Such a great feeling! And now, looking at the pictures again, makes me think I'm crazy enough to want to do another one. Hmmmm.... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Great job!!!!! I do not know how you did that! I wanna just do a 5k so bad but can't even get past one mile :( and for me I just end up feeling like more of a failure.
That is such a great accomplishment!!! Are you going to try a marathon now ;)
Even though we werent there at the finish line we were cheering for you from the start to the finish here in Idaho. Great job Becky. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. They do have awsome celebrations there for EVERYTHING!!! LOVE YOU GUYS. CANT WAIT TO READ THROUGH THE OTHER POSTS. THANKS
GRANDMA T
Great job!! You and Marilee are seriously SO awesome! I'm proud to say you are my sister (for MANY reasons, of course)!! :)
Love ya!
Angie
Crossing that finish line . . . one of the best feelings EVER! I'm so proud of you and I hope we can run one together someday! Love you!
Post a Comment