So, let's go ahead and close out the month of October, shall we? We're gettin' there, folks! October at our house brought the first tooth lost and the first Tooth Fairy visit we've had (October 4th). And the second came within a week after this. And of course, we were quickly told that all sorts of kids in Tyler's class got FIVE dollars for a lost tooth. Well, the economy has been rough on our tooth fairy and he only got ONE dollar...and he survived! Phew! And just 2 months shy of turning seven, we were beginning to wonder if he was ever going to lose any teeth!

And October also brought the Halloween costumes, in case you forgot. Here is a photo to jog your memory, just in case. Look at all that cuteness! I still crack up looking at their Halloween costumes.October also brought a few other things that I don't have pictures of. Like a raccoon. In our attic. That we managed to force out and chase off at the beautiful hour of 1:30 a.m.--an adventure that included me in my slippers running around the yard, talking on our intercom phones while I was inside & Garrett was outside, opening the shutters in my bathroom to find the raccoon sitting on the window ledge (outside) staring at me (inside), and pine cones. Lots of pine cones. One of the most hilarious nights of my life, one that is permanently recorded in my brain. I still laugh about it, and am so glad no one had a hidden camera anywhere! And so glad that raccoon is long gone! (it tore through the soffit vents and that is how it made its home in our attic, by the way. Pesky bugger.)
October also brought the Ward Trunk or Treat. And there are no pictures. Why, you ask? Oh that would be because we got to the Trunk or Treat/chili cookoff and Tyler started to say he wasn't feeling all that well. We brushed it off a little and he moped around some and to make a long story short, it all ended as we rushed out of the church Cultural Hall while he was throwing up everywhere. It was NOT awesome. And honestly, one of the worst moments of my life (how's that for dramatic?!). I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. I'll spare you all the details, but I will say that a day that started so amazing (I ran my half marathon that morning) definitely ended in a not-so-amazing fashion. And the stiffness/soreness was definitely setting in from my race and getting down on my hands and knees scrubbing throw up out of the church carpet was not on the top of my list of must-do items for the day. Ugh! And of course, he was feeling totally fine the next morning. But we still chose to lay low the rest of that weekend and stayed home from church, hoping he'd be okay to go to school on Monday (Halloween). Now if I could some how just erase that memory from my mind...
Since we stayed home from church the next day, making sure we were totally over the stomach issue (and let's face it, I didn't exactly want to see everyone from the ward less than 12 hours after my son threw up in front of every single one of them. Remember how I wanted to crawl in a hole and die, yeah...), I worked on making these mummy treats to send to Tyler's school for his Halloween party. They were made from Rice Krispies treats, dipped in melted almond bark. Easy peasy, thank you pinterest for the inspiration! But as I made them, I laughed at myself doing this for a classroom full of 1st graders who probably won't even realize what they are supposed to look like, and if they did realize it, they probably really wouldn't care. Oh well! They were fun to make!
And by Halloween, everyone was feeling top notch so we headed out for a little trick or treating. And I definitely mean a little. Our street was so dead! It was pitch black with very few lights on but we didn't want to drive to any other neighborhoods. We probably only hit 5-6 houses with people home. But you know what? My kids thought that was great and still thought they got a ton of candy! So it was a win/win, just the right amount! So, it ended up being a very quiet Halloween, but that's all right. We managed to end on a good note, so that's all that matters!
I will say, I was very proud of Sam's treat 'bag'. To tie it in to his costume, I took a box and cut one of the sides off and added some handles. And voila! The UPS man carried a package the entire night, and filled it with candy. Win, win for sure!







1 comment:
Oh the raccoon... If only I had words. That is an epic story that will never be forgotten:) love those cute boys!
Post a Comment