Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Easter

Oh boy, here I am again...as behind on the blog as ever. The boys and I spent a whirlwind week in Idaho--wind being the key word there. Holy smokes, does the wind ever blow in Southeastern Idaho. I had forgotten. Wow! Anyhow, we've now been home for a week and I'm determined to get caught up here. A post a day, perhaps? We can always hope! BUT I must go back to a few things even before the trip before I blog about the trip. I guess my mind just works that way. So, here we have Easter of this year!

We started off with a playgroup egg hunt for Sam and a school egg hunt for Tyler (which I have no pictures of since I wasn't there). And who doesn't love an egg hunt?? I was definitely giving him a little 'help' in finding all the chocolate. :)

And then the Easter weekend was actually a little different this year since it was conference weekend and we watched on the computer instead of going to church on Sunday. I think I really missed that about Easter actually. Instead, we woke up late, hung out in pj's for much of the day, and got to work dyeing the eggs. And again, who doesn't love to dye eggs? I forget how much I really do enjoy it. It's so fun! And, as you can see, everyone else had a great time too. :)


The poor innocent white egg that is about to turn into a bright green one...



That's "GT" on that egg, in case you can't read it very good...

And "2T" would be for Tyler Thalgott...
And no initials here, just SAM...
We had the boys find their Easter baskets later in the day (I just can't get myself into being the Easter bunny--so nope, the bunny didn't visit us but we fully understand that sometimes he visits other houses and that's totally OK. :) ), enjoyed a great dinner, and just enjoyed the time together as a family!

2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

Great pictures, of course!
The Easter Bunny doesn't come to our house either, but then Jackson asked if we were Santa Clause too? uhhh, ummm, I just side stepped that question. I don't want to take away all of the fun yet. :)

Lori Davis said...

I love that GT is GT full time!! And 2T is 2 cute 2 be 4 gotten. I love it! Sam is a cutie pie... I just want to HUG him!! No Easter bunny for us ever since Ellie was 2 and we took her to see the Easter bunny. At 2, she said, "That isn't a bunny, that is a man." Okay... it is...