Monday, May 17, 2010

Seeing it Again for the First Time

On an impromptu zoo trip in March, just me & the boys, we packed up to go and decided to grab a few extra items to take along this time--as if we need to haul more things with us! But it turned out to be SO much fun. With Tyler's camera & 2 pairs of binoculars in tow, we saw our zoo again for the first time! :) It was fun to see the boys really trying harder to see the exhibits and look for different things. And oh, how Tyler's eyes lit up when he got something in focus in his binoculars and saw it really, really big! It was just fascinating!
(I felt like I was totally imposing taking the picture above.)







These two--really can be the best of buds and I love it, of course. Don't get me wrong, they can fight like cats & dogs too, but they definitely prefer to be with each other, as do I.
So, our attempt to give something familiar a new view turned out great. Such a fun excursion! But of course, our trip was not complete with a little meltdown from yours truly. He was not, under any circumstances, going to leave that bench, you know! Oh...this boy!

1 comment:

mccready's said...

What?? Sam had a melt down?? Hehe! Looks like a fun way to spruce up the zoo trip. I'll have to find us some binoculars!