It was a gorgeous spring evening--one that was just oh-so-perfect. The type you wish could last forever. We were out cooking some dinner on the grill. While we waited, I decided to get the sidewalk chalk and draw a hopscotch game.
You know, one with 10 squares...Tyler: "Mom, why don't you draw like 20 squares?"
Me: (simply not feeling like getting down and drawing any more and needing to get dinner cooked...) "well because hopscotch only has 10 squares, so that's all I drew."
Tyler: "well, I think EXTREME hopscotch would have like 20 squares. And I really like extreme hopscotch better anyways." (not that he'd ever played it, but, you know...)Me: "All right then, go for it, dude!" (or something like that!)
And as you see above, we started with square #11 and went from there.
And with a final nod of approval, we were ready for extreme hopscotch to get underway (with only 14 squares, instead of 20, but hey if you make the rules, you can certainly change them, right?)
And believe me, extreme hopscotch is way more exciting than the regular old 10-square standby. Can't knock it 'til ya try it.


And I'm sure it comes as no surprise, since we are a rather extreme family after all. You know us...
And just when you think things can't get any more extreme, just wait until your little brother throws a golf club at you just when you're on square #12. Extreme. Definitely extreme. And he (both Tyler & the alleged little brother who threw the golf club to begin with) lived to tell about it, we're so relieved! Phew.








5 comments:
So cute! I think I may have to try EXTREME hopscotch with my nephews! Great pictures as usual! PS I just have to tell you that your Dad spoke at Stake Conference on Saturday and did such a good job. He is such a neat guy and I'm sure you are proud to call him dad!
That looks "extremely" fun. I wish we could have a wonderful spring evening when we are all home and cooking on the bobby. Maybe some day! Love you guys and miss you tons. Love, MomA
Holy bliggity blog roll! You are getting serious about this update... and I love it:)
Extreme sports are always more fun and dangerouse. Maybe that's why the golf club had to be involved, just for the danger aspect. LOL!
Nicely written!
Post a Comment