Friday, April 23, 2010

A Quick Visit!

We were lucky enough to have a quick little visit from Garrett's dad over the weekend. He came in on Saturday evening and flew home Tuesday morning. The reason for the visit, you ask? He came to ordain Garrett a High Priest as he has received a new calling to serve on the High Council in our Stake. Oh boy, huh?!! I am excited for Garrett and think it will be a great experience for him and I'm grateful that he is willing to serve. And we are SO grateful that Garrett's dad would drop everything and come down for this special occasion. It meant the world to us that he could be here and we are so grateful for the kind of man that he is. I am so glad that Garrett and his dad are so close and that he has always been a great example for him. To have him here to ordain him was a really neat experience, one that I won't soon be forgetting!

And even though his stay was short, we still fit in time for sno-balls, crawfish, beignets, lots of games of Tyrannosaurus Rex, 18 holes of golf, & a trip to the Swamp (with our shoes properly on this time!). My pictures were few and the ones I did have were pretty stinky, but we did see lots of gators this time and got up close and personal with this fellow below. It's amazing the memories we can cram in in such a short amount of time if we have to! Thanks again for coming, Jim! We were so glad to have you! Come again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that he was able to make that quick trip too. He would have felt so sad not to have been able to do that for Garrett. It meant so much to us for him to go. And I know he had a great time in the 2 days he was there. He laughs and tells me funny stories about the boys. And of course, he loved playing golf with Garrett even though he cant see the ball very much. He always loves to play golf with him. You are a great little entertainer and tour guide Becky. He had a great time. love s

cshel said...

WOW!!!! I'm glad he was able to be there and best wishes to Garrett!!

Love the gator!

Anonymous said...

So wonderful of Jim to come out for that. I love the picture of the two of them. Two great men and two great Dads!! We have love for both! Hope things are going well for GT with the new calling. You guys better get out of there before he gets called to be the stake president.