Thursday, February 25, 2010

With Love ♥

Sooooo....I realize Valentine's Day was like forever ago, but as usual, I am behind. :) So here's a start at catching up. This year was fun since it was Tyler's first school Valentine's party so we had to come up with something suitable for his classmates.

And I take no credit for this idea, whatsoever. I got it from Becky Higgins a few years ago. But it was easy peesy. I drew a big giant heart on a piece of white paper and told Tyler he could color it however he wanted, which he did. And then he also had the task of cutting it out, which he also did. And then I had the task of taking a picture, opening it up in Photoshop, doing some minor editing, and then ordering wallet sized prints from Sam's Club. I also had the task of picking them up. :)
Tyler picked out the candy and together, we put one picture on each bag of SweetTarts.
And as you can tell, it was a matter of exact precision for Tyler...the tongue in the right position and all.
And in no time at all, 19 Valentines from Tyler were ready to send to school. Easy peesy, I tell ya. And kind of fun too. :)
And as for Valentine's Day itself, I have not one single picture...but that's okay. We enjoyed having Garrett's parents here for Mardi Gras, which also meant they were here for Valentine's Day. We had a great dinner and yummy fondue and all in all, a fabulous Valentine's Day all together. And as you can imagine, I have many many more posts to come--as I always do after visitors come!

8 comments:

mccready's said...

Such a cute idea! I bet they were the best Valentine's in his whole class!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO GLAD WE WERE THERE FOR ALL THE EVENTS. SO FUN TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU GUYS. LOVE YOU GUYS. GRANDMA T

Ainsley said...

I love the idea! And I love that it really got Tyler involved. Hope you don't mind if I steal it one day!

Shuldberg Family said...

So cute ... I will steal it for next year!

The Nielsen Family said...

How adorable!! Job well done!

Hillary said...

I'm a little bit mad right now that you are so freaking creative. Can you please spread that love? I'm gonna need some creative help one of these days!

Angela said...

Those are the best I've ever seen! Putting to shame all those who buy theirs from Walmart! :) I think we might try that next year.

Doug, Marilee & Co. said...

I am coveting Tyler's valentines right now . . . does that make me a bad aunt?