Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Name that Tune {Primary Song Edition}

On Sunday evening, these two loving & gentle--er, I mean rambunctious--boys were running around the house chasing each other pretending their index fingers and thumbs were guns, of course. Playing a little shoot 'em up I guess. Because if you have boys, you will know, that no matter where or when or how, a gun can be "produced" out of anything. A piece of bread, a stick, the vacuum hose, and of course they are born with one at the end of their arm. It's just the way they are wired I suppose.

Anyways, back to the story...so they came running into the kitchen where I was making dinner and Sam got 'shot' and to the ground he fell. And the next thing I knew, Sam was getting himself up and Tyler said:

"Oh, Sam! And you did rise with living breath!"

A gold star on your forehead if you can name the tune that came from.

So then I am laughing my head off and Tyler just matter-of-factly says "I learned that in a song today."

This child of mine...seriously kills me!
And while we're on the subject of all things Primary, Tyler was assigned the scripture on Sunday and we had forgotten about it all week long. And at 9 pm on Saturday, when it was time for lights out, I remembered. So we hurried and pulled out the scriptures and he and Garrett went to work practicing one (because with 9 am church, there would definitely not be time in the morning!). And I kept thinking Garrett had picked an awfully long scripture and all. So they practiced for about 20 minutes and we went to bed. We fit in about 10 more minutes in the morning and headed off to church. I had to teach Young Women's, so I wasn't able to listen but Tyler was thrilled to come report to me that he had done it ALL. BY. HIMSELF. Not a bit of help. I gotta admit, I was a proud mama and it seemed everyone was pretty impressed with Mr. Tyler and he was just beaming! So, here is the scripture he flawlessly recited:

Matthew 3: 16 & 17
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

I just love my Tyler man!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyler, I'm so proud of you for memorizing the scripture, saying it all by yourself and for memorizing the Primary song! Way to go little man! Love GrandmaA
PS. I looks so warm there!

Whitney & Charlie said...

Your kids always make me laugh! That is so funny Tyler would say that line! And Sam eating the sandwich was also very funny! That's amazing he said the scripture all by himself, way to go!

Lori Davis said...

Good job, Tyler on the scripture!! I am still laughing about the song.

Ashley said...

How Could the Father Tell the World....It is one of the songs for the year, I am sure someone else already named it. That is really fun, that means that they are really learning a lot in primary. It is funny the things kids pick up, your kids are really cute. Hope you are doing well.

mccready's said...

I'm so lucky to get to see those boys not once but twice a week! I love them both!

Anonymous said...

Tyler---great job. You did such a great job reciting it on the phone. It was such a long scripture. And I am sooo glad that little Sammy did rise with living breath---or something like that. So funny. Cant wait to see you guys. Hoping for dry weather for the parades!!! See you soon!! Love grandma t

The Nielsen Family said...

Way to go T!! That is a hard scripture with lots of hard words. And I ADORED the Rising with Living Breath!! (He Sent his Son) Boo Yeah! We just sang that song for FHE a couple weeks ago. Gold Star for me!!