Thursday, March 4, 2010

Things I'm Loving

So, since the month of February is all about love, I figure I'd hop on the wagon and post about all the things I'm loving right now. Oh wait, it's March, you say? Oh yeah, that's right...I'm behind like always. I started this post in February and it has been all ready to go except for me actually posting the post. Yeah, really. I have it that together these days. But I figure it was still worth posting because a post is a victory in and of itself these days! And then, I'll get to start our Mardi Gras recap...so be prepared. :)

So, in no particular order are a few things I'm totally loving right now:

Toddlers when they figure out how to give the thumbs up. Honestly, I can't get enough of it. Love, love, love it. And watching them go from sticking their pointer finger up in the air to finally figuring this out...so cute! And it takes so much concentration as you can tell from the tongue sticking out to get it right.
And if you're lucky, you just might get 2 thumbs up!
And next up, I love, love, love little boys in hats. It's something like a rite of passage to true boyhood when you can pull off the ball cap. I love seeing my little boys in hats!

I adore the fact that this boy of mine always has some little project or collection going on. It makes me smile from ear to ear. It reminds me of, well...me! I must say I see a lot of myself in this boy.



I'll let you in on a little secret--we like to drink pop. We go in spurts, but generally, we like it, and in the last year, I have started collecting the Coke Rewards points and this, my friends, I am loving. I may as well be rewarded for this guilty pleasure. I just save all the points from any Coke products (which includes Minute Maid, Powerade, Sprite, Dasani water, etc...) and enter them in on my account and guess what? It translates into coupons for free pop. And who doesn't like free?!
And who also doesn't love chubby toddler hands playing peek-a-boo? Especially when they pronounce it "pit-a-bu" and say it over and over again. I don't know why, but again, I could listen to this all day!

Yes, this is a picture of my toothbrush. And I LOVE it. I never in my wildest dreams believed all the hype of these electric toothbrushes...until I got one of my own (going back to those new year's goals, remember?). Garrett gave it to me for Christmas and I told him it has changed my life. (dramatic? Maybe.) But seriously, they don't say 'fresh from the dentist clean' for nothin'. And it was so inexpensive too, all the better!
I'm loving finding notes like this in Tyler's journal. I guess that means I'm a snoop, but who could resist?
Loving my '2009 Year in Review' photobook from Shutterfly. I had a coupon for a free one, I took all the text I wrote in my year in review blog post added some pictures, and voila! it was done. And I love that it's all there--a little recap and a few pictures. And free. Did I mention that?!
Loving this book. I gave it to the boys for Christmas since they read/sing it at their weekly Music class and we have read it probably 10 times a day since then. I love it, they love it, it's great! And I love hearing them repeat the verses several times a day. Such a great 'boy' book!
So, I guess that's a wrap of what I'm loving these days, on top of the usual which of course includes these boys and my hubby. What more could a girl ask for?!

What are you loving these days???

And...I shall resume updating now that I have this post out of the way!

7 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Loved this post!! I know I say it everyday but your boys are just adorable. I love the thumbs up-too cute!!

Lori Davis said...

I am lovin' this post!!

Ainsley said...

What cute photos of your boys! I mean, you are definitely an awesome photographer, but who could go wrong with such cute subjects? ;)

The Nielsen Family said...

For one thing, I am always loving your blog and your boys and YOU!!

mccready's said...

Seriously, bring the book to music class! We'll sing it!

Anonymous said...

I love you guys! And I love that you're coming to see me soon! MomA

Anonymous said...

I am loving the memories we have from visiting you guys and being able to see those little boys doing those things you posted about in person. Nothing beats that!! I am loving that it is starting to feel like spring might happen---there have been a couple of days that it smelled like spring. I love that. We will always love our family---no matter what day!!! love grandmat