Well pigs are flying and it's awfully cold down here. :) Who'd have thought we'd ever see the day...but oh how glad I am that we have. Super Bowl champs, baby! There really are not a lot of words necessary. But it has truly been exciting. More than I ever imagined. I used to not care at all for the NFL--I've always liked college football the most. But then we moved here and things changed. In our first year here, we saw just what Drew Brees and Sean Peyton could do for this city and it was very exciting...and 4 years later we witnessed a Super Bowl victory and I never thought I'd think of the Super Bowl as anything but a get together to watch funny commercials. I've even surprised myself at how much I got into this--slightly obsessed maybe. :)It probably sounds cliche, but to be here and be a fan has made you feel like you are really part of it--that the harder you cheer and the more you show your support, the better they will play. Like you have some sort of special power because you are a Saints fan. The electricity and excitement in this city is unreal and has gotten a little bit bigger every week of the season, every great play, every victory. And now this...icing on the cake. And I am now and always will be a Saints fan for life! Geaux Saints, baby!!! WHO DAT!!!



ps--I promise Garrett is a Saints fan too, and he even has a shirt. :) But I'm not sure where he was when we were snapping pictures of ourselves. :)





9 comments:
I was actually thinking of you n'orlearners the whole day! (you're the only people I've ever known who lived there. Sad, but true) So congrats! And ps...your hair is A-DORABLE.
We watched the super bowl at our fiends house yesterday with a bunch of other couples. Almost everyone else was a colts fan, and I decided to go for the Saints because I was thinking of YOU AND I wanted to have a little opposition to all of the colts fan. LOTS of FUN!
Woohoo! Geaux us! And geaux Saints! What a fun night, huh?
Ayden and I were cheering for the Saints to win and were so happy that they did! Peyton just didn't bring his "A" game!! We thought of you guys too and how you must have been loving every minute of the game!!
Becky, normally I comment on how the cute the boys are but I gotta say...you look pretty hot in that shirt! And you hair is adorable! Glad you have had fun celebratin'!
That must've been the most awesome day and I sooooo wanted to watch it! (but I didn't) I was busy doing stuff with relatives (baby blessing). I am so happy to hear they won! (I hadn't heard)(even though I am a long time Colts fan! way back when they were the losers and wearing brown even)
You are looking mighty pretty in your shirt, too! That's a good color on you!
Awesome! I bet it was so exciting to be in Louisianna during the Superbowl. I bet they know how to party...but do Mormon fans know how to party just as well? I'm guessing yes!
Love it and It's good to see you on here it's been a while. We miss you guys, hopefully we can visit some time.
We feel the exact same way about living in PGH and being a Steelers fan. It is CRAZY to see the level of "fanhood" here and it makes it so exciting!!
Post a Comment