So, here we are one month in to the year already. I can hardly believe it. So, why don't we take a moment to check in on where we're at with our goals for the year...Tyler came home from primary the first Sunday in January with a picture he drew. He said they had talked about goals and the picture he drew was of him playing soccer. His goal for the year would be to get better at soccer. Part of me had to laugh in thinking that he probably heard the word 'goal' and immediately thought about scoring a goal in soccer and therefore decided to make that as his goal. But who knows why he thought of it. But lucky for him, he was set to start soccer season at the end of January.
So since we were on the subject of goals and they were fresh on everyone's mind, we had an impromptu goal setting session that evening. We talked about a few more 'goals' for each child (knowing that of course Sam had no idea what we were talking about) and a few for us grown up folk and a few family goals. So we discussed the soccer goals and working on whining less for Tyler, and lots of health related goals for Garrett and I, and as a family we decided that we would work on being better at eating vegetables with our meals and taking great care of our teeth (better brushing & flossing habits. Admittedly, I let Tyler & Sam brush their own teeth and don't enforce flossing much and I know I need to stay on it better so he doesn't end up with teeth like mine... So now I am helping them a lot more.)
So a month later, I'd say we're doing pretty well. Up in the mornings to exercise, eating a lot less sugar, showing our teeth some serious lovin', etc. And yes, the soccer goal is even going fabulously. It's been the funnest sport to watch Tyler play so far, for me at least. It's a lot of fun and I feel like he does kind of 'get it' better than the others so far.
As for the eating more vegetables goal...it could be going better. What can I say? I think the pictures demonstrate perfectly how well it's going at our house.
And it also looks like we need to have a 'goal' (or rule, rather) of not kicking the soccer ball in the house! (Yes, my camera and I were scared for our life at this moment.)
And I really wish this one would take to the goal that we set for him of not hitting, kicking, biting, pushing, or spitting. That would be nice!Oh, these boys... {sigh}








5 comments:
Those "begables" look like they are going down rather smoothly:) I can't stop laughing! If I only fed my kids cucumbers they would be totally happy! Go Tyler:) I wish we could come see a game or two:(
Not great. I totally feel Tyler's pain regarding the vegetable thing.
Oh that Tyler and his "begatibles". Doesnt look like his is realizing that he has missed out on alot of yummy things!!! Tyler looks like he is ready for soccer so I am excited that we might see a practice. Oh the things that thrill grandpa and grandma---esp when it isnt an every day occurance to watch Tyler practice soccer. I think I am going to start on my goals after we get back!!! Thanks for sharing another darling post. love grandma t
Love the post and all the poses that came with it!
I am cracking up... Ellie still looks like that when I ask her to eat her vegetables! Tyler looks JUST like Garrett in a couple of these pics!
Post a Comment