Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Of Biblical Proportions

So, it's been raining here. For 40 days and 40 nights, I swear. I have a whole lotta catching up to do on the blog, but I'll go back in time soon. But for now, our events are from today. Today, when we reached 23 inches of rainfall for the month and it's only the 15th. Today, the day that already makes this THE wettest month on record here EVER, and we still have half the month to go. We are soggy, soaked, and have spent a lot of time inside the past two weeks. I have truly never seen anything like this in my life! It's been unreal!
So after doing a LOT of this....
And listening to this go off several times during the night and day warning us of flash floods and threatening thunder storms (it's great to have and all, but you can only be woken up in the middle of the night by its alarm so many times during the night before it's pretty annoying!)...
We decided that if life was going to give us lemons, we were going to make lemonade (figuratively speaking, of course!). But I let the boys out of the cage that they've been in for the last two weeks and let them run wild. And they had THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES! I absolutely loved watching them. They were soaked through and through, but after an hour, they still didn't want to go inside. So, here are some pictures of today...when we finally just lived it up and enjoyed the mess!







And did you know that water mixed with dirt makes MUD??? :)








Little boy heaven right here, folks!

Two of the HAPPIEST boys on the planet today!
But as we learned as we headed inside, the boots are just all for show. They clearly don't do much for you, as Sam demonstrated for us! :) And now we're just excited to see the sun tomorrow (supposedly!).

8 comments:

cshel said...

How fun!! I think most kids love playing in the rain....puddles, mud, etc. Cute pics...thanks for sharing. And hope you get to dry out very soon!

Hillary said...

That is one cute post Beck! That is pure joy on their faces! I love it. I think you made my day;)

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you had been living in a puddle for the last two weeks! I'm sure glad you let the boys out for a while. I'm sure it was such a welcome relief. The pics are fantastic, as usual. MomA

mccready's said...

The picture of Sam looking at the mud oozing between his fingers was my favorite! And I loved the title of the post... Biblical Proportions- you got that right!!

aidanjordan said...

I will never complain about the rain again! Hahaha! Good thing you have two adorable boys who know how to have such a great time in the rain!

Amy said...

So Cute..what a great mom!

Tamara said...

So fun! You do such a great job telling a story through pictures. The boys look like they had the best time ever. I'm glad you're surviving all that rain!

The Nielsen Family said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! Before I even comment on how adorable the boys looked, can I just say, GIRL, YOU HAVE GOT SOME MAJOR TALENT GOING ON!!! Those pictures were jaw dropping. The way you captured the water and the splashing was remarkable. And those boys truly did look like they were the happiest boys on the planet. I loved all the water pouring out of Sam's boot. Too much fun!