Yesterday, this little young man turned 2 years old.
Yesterday, this little young man started pre-school.

And yesterday, the mama of these two little men choked back a lot of tears. Yesterday, this mama sat in the car pool line at school for the first time. How is it possible that my children and I are both old enough for this to be happening? Life is moving, changing at a rapid pace and there are just days that it gets to me. I love watching my babies grow, but have a hard time watching them GROW UP sometimes. Because I know they will not need me like they need me now, and most of the time I really like to be needed. :)And of course, Tyler loves school. LOVES IT. I had no doubt whatsoever that he would. He is so ready for this, and that helps a lot. He jumped in the car and told me "it was GREAT! It was just really awesome!!!". It's just me that has to cope with the fact that I don't get to be right by his side watching him learn and grow. But all that aside, I feel good about where we've put him in school--which is a really big deal here, believe me--and the amount he'll be going. I think three mornings a week is going to be the right amount all the way around... (by the way, his pictures were actually taken on Friday when he went to class for just an hour as an orientation...yesterday there wouldn't have been a chance to take pictures since we were doing the full on carpool thing. And he was all ready with his BYU shirt and everything since they were going to be here playing Tulane the next day. Not that anyone there would have known that since we realize now Tulane has about 3 total fans...more on that event later)
And Sam's birthday was busy but fun. Poor kid had a frazzled mama for the day trying to get everything done. It was a lot to pack in for one day. But it was so cute watching his delight opening presents and blowing out candles. I just love that kid. I'll be posting more to recap his day later as well.
But speaking of yesterday, wasn't it just yesterday that my babies were really babies and I was snuggling them in my arms??





With all the events of yesterday and all the thinking I've been doing, I of course have come to realize that I absolutely have to embrace the NOW. No matter what the now is. I can't be filled with thoughts of the past or wishes for the future, but only prioritize the present. In case you didn't know...I adore these boys!





12 comments:
What a sweet post! And so true. I have to admit, I scrolled down to see the picture of Sam letting GO of the balloons...I guess the little guy knows how to follow directions :)
Seriously how did they get so big? Tyler can't be going to preschool yet!! Little Sam is such a cherub. I know the feeling about where time goes and having to let them go a little at a time. You have the cutest kids Becky and the best pictues to go with them!!
I agree with Holly - this is a really sweet post. I enjoyed reading it as much as the pictures. And I love that Tyler wore a BYU shirt to his first day of school! Atta boy! Way to represent!!
oh, my gosh!! Sooo cute! I can't believe that Sam is 2! Really? Where does the time go?
Love these pictures with the balloons. Oh to have your talent...
I hope Sam had an awesome birthday and that Tyler has an awesome week of school!
Yesterday I was picking up toys after Calyn went to bed. With an armload of junk I stopped at the photo collage I have of her in my dining room. I started crying looking at the photos of little Calyn. I just wanted to pick her up out of the photographs and cuddle the tiny versions of her. I went in her room and kissed her little sleeping cheeks. Someday I'll be wanting to cuddle THIS version of her, so I better get in all I can, while I can get it.
We love those boys too. I had to shed a few tears after reading this blog. Our little grandsons are growing up so fast. I am so glad for the times we get to spend with them. We cherish those memories and moments. Sammy looks so happy with his balloons and Tyler looks like a little kid on his 1st day of school!! I love his shirt!! Glad things are going well. We love you guys. momt
2! No way! How did that happen! Happy Birthday Sam!
So glad to hear Tyler loved preschool. I felt the same way when Annie went to K this year.
Get out of here! Wasn't he just a cute little bundle in your arms dressed as a corn on the cob for Halloween? What happened?! Geez these kids grow so fast. I love Sam with the balloons. So sweet. Cherish all of these little moments!
What a wonderful, yet emotional day you had! I love the pictures of little (or should I say big) Sam with his balloons. How grown up he looks! And Tyler with the BYU shirt. What a fun and happy time to cherish. Thanks for sharing with us. Mom A
Wow, 2 yrs old!!! I remember your phone call like it was clear as day telling me you were pregnant with him. I was at my in-laws sitting on my bed. So CRAZY!! And living in the moment is so important but so difficult to do sometimes. Both Sammy and T looked adorable. Carter started pre-school last week and I have to say I didn't shed a tear or even look back. He decided to throw a fit right before going into his classroom that helped me drop him off and be just fine with it. :)
Ahhh, I LOVE seeing your little baby pictures. Remind me of my new little newborn; but the rest of your post makes me sad because the time really does go by way too quickly and they change way too fast. :-( I love the pics of Sam carrying the balloons. Adorable. Glad Tyler likes preschool. That is a fun age!!
Post a Comment