Back in August, (the 3rd to be exact), I was hired by a family to come to Biloxi and take their pictures at the beach. Not a bad gig, eh? As I was making arrangements to go, things continued falling in line even better than I had planned. Not only was I going to be able to make the trip, but Garrett took off the afternoon and joined us (much to my surprise!) and we made an afternoon of it as a family. The weather held out, we departed with blue skies...things were looking good for our afternoon activities AND the photo shoot. Hallelujah!So, there's not much explanation for these pictures. They're at the beach and we just did the typical beach stuff--which included lots of soaking up the sun and relaxing. We were more impressed with the beaches in Biloxi than we thought we would be. They suffered a lot of damage from Katrina and were closed for a really long time and once they opened, we heard lots of reports that they were still in bad shape. But apparently they've been putting in a lot of work and I felt like they were as good as I could have expected. And the water was shallow for as far as the eye could see, so it was SO great for kids. We definitely need to make this trip (slightly over an hour away) more often. I mean, you can't beat a day at the beach, especially when it's so close!
Now, in no particular order, here are pictures of our time at the beach...

Sam, once again, defined the whole 'sand in every crevice' thing...the kid's an animal.
Tyler tends to be our 'golden boy' in the summer time. He turns a perfect golden tan no matter what and rarely ever burns. Sam is exact opposite!
Twizzlers always taste better with a little gritty sand, right?
We found all of these really neat "shells" and then they all started burrowing in the sand and disappearing. It kind of creeped me out. :)




Now really, is there much that beats a trip to the beach? Not that I can think of! We'll definitely be back!(The only downfall would be all of the sand that found its way into all the wrong places and had to stay there for the entire drive home. It caused lots of tears for the poor boys. But it was quickly forgotten once baths were taken and a good night's sleep was had by all! Darn that sand, though...)





3 comments:
THAT LOOKS ALMOST AS NICE AS BEAR LAKE. MAYBE WHEN WE COME AGAIN WE CAN GO THERE. I LOVE THOSE CHAIR THINGS THEY HAVE TO RELAX ON. PLUS, I LOVED THE PICTURES YOU TOOK OF THAT FAMILY ON THE BEACH. THEY TURNED OUT SOOO GOOD I THOUGHT. I CAN ALMOST FEEL THE SAND IN MY MOUTH WHEN I LOOK AT THAT PICTURE OF LITTLE SAMMY WITH THE LICORICE. YUM!!! BRINGS BACK FOND MEMORIES OF THE DAYS WHEN WE TOOK OUR KIDS TO BEAR LAKE. LOVE YOU GUYS. MOMT
Wow...what a great day you had! Thanks for sharing the pics. Your boys are growing up so fast. I can't believe how big Sam is getting! Miss you!
Oh that looks like paradise. It makes me yearn to get back to the beach with Carter. There's nothing that beats having all that sand to play in as a little boy. So stinking fun!!
Post a Comment