So, I always said I would do it one day. One day I'd be patient enough to grow my hair out long enough that I could cut it off and donate it to Locks of Love. I've been saying that for years, and never have been quite patient enough. And lately, I've just been letting my hair grow and grow and grow. And I can't say it was all that healthy either, especially during the last couple of inches of growth. So I was really getting the itch to cut it, but wanted to make sure it was long enough to donate it since I didn't really think I'd ever have it close enough again. So I measured and calculated and figured I had enough to do it and still have a style that I liked.Well....my calculations were a tad bit off. And it's a tad shorter (ok, a lot shorter) than I anticipated. But there obviously wasn't any turning back after the ponytails were cut off. So, this is my new do. I'm not going to say it hasn't been a little hard for me. I shed some tears, I was a little frightened by just how short it was. My boys were totally freaked out by it. Tyler told me it didn't look very good (later he told me it looked good, but it just surprised him. I think he was feeling a little guilty.), Sam wouldn't come near me for hours. But the dust is settling, I suppose. It is what it is and it will grow back some. I keep saying I think I would like it just fine with another inch or two in length (I am pretty sure that I'm currently packing a little too much chub to sport a 'do quite this short). So, I guess we'll let it grow and see...
But either way, I guess I've got one item checked off of "things to do in my life" and I know it's going to a good cause!



Amazing how loooong it takes to grow that much hair and how fast it can be cut off!





20 comments:
I gotta say, I'm proud of you. And that picture of you holding your ponytails is a little weird... ;) But seriously, you look really cute and don't worry, it will grow out to the original length you were hoping for in no time. Mine did!
Oh Becky, I think it is cute. It will grow fast and be so healthy. Garrett was the same way with me when I cut my hair. It was super long---like down to my waist and with a little one I just always had it pulled back and so I decided to cut it off. Back in that day I dont think there was such a thing as locks of love but I did save my pony tail. I think I still have it. I wonder if I can still donate it. But anyway, I remember Jim coming to pick me up at the salon and Garrett was probably about 18 months old. He wouldnt look at me or come to me for a few minutes. He was quite unsure for a little while so when I heard about your boys reaction it reminded me of Garretts reaction when I did that. And I have not grown it out since---in fact as you know your do is almost a long do for me. You look cute though. It probably is so wierd shampooing and brushing it etc. Anyway---a great cause and I think it is neat that you grew it out just to cut it off for that cause. Awsome. love sheila
Well, I think you look great! You've inspired me!
I love it!! Honestly I think that cut looks great on you. Meysa is growing her hair out to donate to locks of love too. It is taking us a long time to grow it out as well!! Good for you!
Becky, you look great! I'm proud of you for donating to Locks of Love. That is really cool.
It's so cute! And at least you know all that time and inches are not going to waste.
Nice, job. That would be super hard, and I don't think your hair is super short. At least it's easier to do, now, right??
I think it so super cute and it actually is slimming on you too! I have been trying to get a similar hairdo for a couple of years now and it just doesn't end up that way! I love the way the back looks.
Becky I love it, it looks very cute. I have been debating on doing the same thing for a long time now and I just can't get the guts to do it, but I'm inspired by your courage and I'm really debating it even more now!
You look AMAZING!!! I absolutley love it! Elise donated to Locks of Love earlier this year too...such a good cause!
I LOVE THE HAIRCUT!! You look so young and fresh! Way to go :) I don't think I could even get close to getting my hair that long.
Personally I think you look chic and fabulous. If I thought I could cut my hair that short and have it look half as cute as yours I would in a heart beat.
I LOVE it! You look beautiful.
I love it! I think the cut is darling on you! You look like a hot mamma. What a great thing to do!
becky i love your new haircut. i think it is so cute on you.
I love it, love it, love it! Honestly I do. You have always had such gorgeous hair. I'm amazed that it can look good at any length. MomA
i agree. i love it. i love short hair though. i think you look so cute. serious. you look great!!!!
I love the new do!!! I hope you are feeling totally liberated with all that hair cut off! I know I did... I have since grown some of mine back, but it sure is nice for a while to have a change. I hope you get used to it, love it, and know there is a happy person out there with a beautiful wig!!
Wow...I love your hair, it is really cute. I loved the birthday recap for your little guy. I am attempting to plan Alli's birthday and I draw blanks mostly when I try to decide exactly what to do.
Good for you Becky! And I LOVE your new cut!! It is so cute on you!!
Post a Comment