Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter Festivities, the Rest of the Story

So, they didn't make it up here last night...oh well! Here they are today. And I can be done reporting our Easter. :) So, yes, of course we did some serious egg dyin' on Saturday morning. One of my favorite things about Easter! And this year was no exception. As we were waiting for the color tablets to dissolve in the vinegar, Tyler was intently watching and I turned around just as he said "Mom, look this comes with a magnifying glass!". So, he used the "magnifying glass" to keep a close eye on things.
(and then he realized that he doesn't know how to keep one eye open and the other one closed. So he had to use his hand to help. Yep, he's got skillz.)

And we made sure our egg dying activity had plenty of these eggs on hand for munching on.
And we got to work...


Sam's hands generally went straight from these eggs...
to these eggs. He was a busy little man!
Sam's chubby little hands did a lot of egg handling and surprisingly, he didn't drop any of them!


We only had one egg fatality as pictured above on the left. And it was even my fault. Oops!

A green egg...I wonder whose that could be???

Daddy's "special" egg. Don't knock it, he was very proud and was certain it was the best egg of the day.


The finished product. I love them! And I always find it hard to crack them open to eat them and ruin those beautiful shells we worked so hard to make look beautiful. We were pleasantly surprised that Tyler actually loved eating hard boiled eggs. Like seriously loved them!
So after we settled down from our morning adventure of egg dying, we decided to pack up the truck and drive out to the Spillway and roast hot dogs that evening. So we got out there and settled and got our fire started.
Meanwhile, the boys were in 7th heaven running around and getting dirt in every crevice of their little bodies. They LOVED it.
This is Sam's stance as of late. He crouches down, gets in position, and then starts running...


And when the fire was just right and the sun started going down, the time was just right for roasting! So Tyler was instructed on how to do things...
but if you can see the sparks flying this picture, it is from his hot dog hitting a log in the fire. So...the instructions may have not been all that well received. Lucky for the rest of us, we didn't have to eat that hot dog! And guess what we forgot?? The marshmallows! We kept commenting how the fire was 'perfect' for some mallow roasting, but we were out of luck! Oh well, next time right?
We were treated with a gorgeous sunset while we were there as well.

Sam was also in heaven since we were in a perfect spot to see all the airplanes headed to the airport. And there was a point where they were coming about every 2 minutes and he was mesmerized. Airplanes are his newest "thing". And I had a cute picture of Sam chowing on his hot dog,but for some reason it's not here? I am having trouble with blogger today!
And the next item was Easter morning. No pictures were taken of baskets before they were dismantled. Oh well! I hid the baskets the night before and the boys found them right when they woke up. We didn't really do the whole "Easter Bunny hiding your basket" thing. They knew it was me that hid them and it didn't seem to bother them one bit. I don't remember the Easter bunny making visits when I was growing up (but we always did everything else Easter related, of course) and I don't feel a bit gypped by that, so it hasn't really occurred to me to "be" the Easter bunny. Being Santa is enough of a task for me to handle!!
A few peeps in the baskets and a few new little toys. Nothing major, but still fun, of course! And who doesn't like jump starting their day with a little sugar, huh?

Sam got Elmo...Sam loves Elmo. I think it's evident in the pictures.

Then I made some "birds nest" cookies to take to my Young Women at church and we headed out for church. You'd think I could have at least given my boys some much needed haircuts for Easter or bought them some cute new clothes, but no...I didn't. It hadn't even really crossed my mind. But lucky for us, Grandma T pulled through and sent them some cute new clothes to wear to church. And we were rushing, like we always are, to get out the door to church, but I had to get at least one picture of them in their Easter attire. So this is it...not great, but at least it's photographic evidence.
And then we enjoyed a delicious dinner--ham, potatoes, salad, rolls, the works you know. I'd say it was a pretty great Easter. I love this time of year!

10 comments:

Lexi said...

Oh Becky, the boys looked darling in their Easter outfits! They sure are growing up fast. I was just thinking that Tyler is getting tall in this last batch of pictures.

I have also determined that I should crash your house for every holiday there is because you are the coolest, funnest Mom ever. Seriously.

I haven't done a cookout in a long time- roasted hot dogs sound mighty tasty; especially over a crackling fire outside while the sun is setting. Beautiful!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

I would say that it was an Easter success! All of the pictures of the boys are so cute. They looked great in their new clothes. What a fun holiday for you guys!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a fantastic Easter! Wish we could have been there. For some reason, at least half of the pictures that you posted on it won't come up on my computer. I feel so bad, cause I really want to see them. What could be wrong? Any ideas? Love you guys. MomA

Anonymous said...

Hey, I cant believe how cute those outfits looked if I must say so myself. I was worried about the sizes as you know. I thought for sure you would have to get out your sewing machine and maybe remake Sammys because they looked like they would be pants on him so I thought oh well, maybe he can wear the shirt and you could get a pair of shorts to go with it. Yey!!! They look so cute. Sounds like you had a good time. I am surprised that Garrett didnt do an ugly egg like Jim always did and now Hillary does too. The very last one that gets put in every color!!! She said her's turned out pretty though. Funny huh? Maybe we will have to go there and roast a hot dog in the next week. I am scared to admit that we have tickets again---so hoping we can come this time. We are so excited. love grandma t

Doug, Marilee & Co. said...

My mouth is seriously watering, just seeing the pictures of the mini-cadbury's! Let's just say it's a good thing easter is over, because I would have ate myself into gaining way too much weight this pregnancy, just off of eating those eggs!! Very cute easter pictures and outfits! I wish we could wear shorts on easter!

Henricksen Family said...

fun fun fun! It looks like you guys had a great Easter. I love the magnafine glass of Tyler! The fire picture was beautiful, I bet those boys had a blast running around everywhere. Sam is getting so big I love the pictures of him. Those nest cookies are so creative and we LOVE those eggs they are the only staple here. Miss you guys and we are glad you had a great Easter!

Becky T said...

Hmmmm, Mom. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to see the pictures. Is it working better now? It's all working fine here, so I have no clue what the problem would be. My only advice would be to click refresh if you haven't tried that. Let me know!

The Nielsen Family said...

What handsome fellaws. Matt and I both got a pretty good laugh out of G$ saying his egg was the best. Hmm, that doesn't sound like Garrett at all. I get such a kick out of Sam's expressions they are so dang cute. And how awesome to go out roasting somewhere. I think Matt and I will try to do that this weekend. Miss you guys!

Judy said...

That picture of Sam gazing up at the sky is just precious! He's such a darling dude!

Yes, I remember Jim & Dave and their eggs that they had to dip once in every color! If there was ever a "Grinch" Easter Bunny, those would've come from him.

cshel said...

Your boys are so cute. Looks like you had a great time; but I'm sorry you forgot the marshmallows. Nothing better than toasting marshmallows over a fire. :-)

Thanks for sharing!