(notice there are no green jelly beans in this picture...a certain someone I know picked out all the greens and ate them first...I'll give you three guesses as to who it might have been)This was Wednesday of last week...Easter wasn't until Sunday...that's five whole days from start to finish. Five days of some serious sugar eating. But am I complaining? No, since my kids were so good to share (even though they weren't exactly aware of the fact that they were sharing with me since candy was just mysteriously disappearing out of their buckets), I am definitely not complaining. Well, I'm kind of complaining a little bit today since I keep reaching for some Cadbury Mini Eggs and there aren't any. Withdrawal is such a difficult thing.

For playgroup, we had a lovely little Easter Egg hunt at the park on Wednesday to kick off our holiday festivities. It's always so much fun to see a whole bunch of little kids running about collecting eggs for the baskets. And in this case, Tyler was collecting them for both baskets since Sam wasn't really picking up on the whole thing...yet (of course he just didn't realize that there was candy in those eggs. He learned quickly after that).


But wait, Sam! Come back! The egg hunt is
THIS way!!!

But really, egg hunts are very boring in comparison to dogs (otherwise known as "buff buff"s to Sam) that are on the other side of the fence.

Tyler would fill up one bucket and dump its contents into the other...for Sam, of course.

And Tyler had to have just a few pieces of candy before the playground equipment called his name and then he was outta there (and I got free reign over the candy left in his bucket).

So we went home, had some naps, and then like the totally responsible mother that I am, I let my children have free reign over the candy I hadn't already eaten. The great part was that it entertained them for at least an hour solid! No whining, no screaming, no fighting. In fact, things were quite harmonious there for a while at our house. Maybe I ought to start doing this every day? And as you can see above, and below, Tyler was really making sure Sam was handling this task okay. Since he usually has such problems getting the candy from his hand to his mouth (as you can tell by looking at him, can't you?)...




And you can also see that Sam decided that pants were optional at this point...

And shirts almost were.




I like to call this "the position". Sam spent the majority of the afternoon crouched down like this. It's the prime position for efficiently getting the candy out of your Easter bucket.




And Sam says "that was awesome!". More pictures to come of the rest of our weekend.
10 comments:
sooo cute - you are so good at that picture taking stuff!
I love that Tyler ate all the green jelly beans, but even more, I love that he was such a sweet brother to help Sam out with collecting and eating the candy. What a sweetie!
I think Sam's physique is awesome! Who can possibly resist giving those thighs a good squeeze? I know I wouldn't be able to. I'm glad Easter was so much fun. It's great when your kids start to really understand that there is candy in the eggs they're finding and suddenly they become quicker than you've ever seen them. Your boys are growing up so quickly! What cuties!
Love it! You are so good! Good at photography, good at writing!
As for the Cadbury Mini Eggs, mine keep disapearing too! Hmmm.
Didn't you know that the excitement of finding and eating delicious candy makes you hot and therefore you have to strip down to the bare essentials to cool off? ;-)
We have so much Easter candy left over. I'm thinking about trashing it.
Hey Becky! It's been awhile since I've looked in on you. You sound like you're doing really well! I'm glad everything went well with Tyler. I hope all of his symptoms improve. I've got kids with terrible allergies including asthma and eczema and I know how it can affect everyone, especially mamma's sleep! Your boys are adorable!
I love the "Prime Position"!! Too funny. What cute boys.
Love your pics and your boys are so cute. We have lots of green jelly bean up here because no one will eat them. LOL
My confession: I didn't even buy Cadbury mini eggs this year. I knew I would eat them all.
Girl! I've just been "catching up" with you! You always have the BEST photos to go with your family adventures! Love it! That photo shoot with Tyler is to die for! Seriously amazing work! Hope all is well with you guys! Sounds like it is!!! :)
Post a Comment