Ok, so maybe not 101, but a handful of reasons anyways. I know it's bad when it's my husband who tells me that I really need to blog. Huh? He was somewhat making fun of me when I started this almost two years ago. Ha ha! But really, how can it be two weeks since I blogged last? I'm not sure, I don't think it's ever happened before. I guess it can be attributed to several reasons, many of which I'll be putting out for you all here. Since I know you're DYING to know what exciting things we've been up to...(sense the heavy sarcasm there? I hope so)
1. Been doing some spring cleaning...I get the bug a couple times a year to throw everything out, I swear. How is it that I'm getting rid of stuff every time I turn around but still have so much stinking stuff? Ahhhh! While digging through some archives, we came across some fun stuff from Garrett's mission. Tyler thought it was hilarious when I told him to put the name tag on. He kept saying "but I'm just a kid. I'm not a missionary!". Makes me wonder what language his name tag will be in when he turns 19. He's convinced that he's going to go to "the American Flag" on his mission. That'd be fine with me. :)
2. Been trying my hardest to develop a loving relationship with these. I hate running. I just do. But at this point in my life, it's the only practical way for me to try to get into shape. I'm not pregnant and I don't want to look pregnant and I don't want to be mistaken for being pregnant when I'm not pregnant ever again in my life (gasp, yes, I know---it happened at church a few weeks ago. yikes!). I'm trying my hardest to look as un-pregnant as possible, but don't know how well it's going so far. I don't know why it takes me a year and a half to get serious about losing the baby weight. So I thought I'd try a different approach this time...waking up BEFORE my kids and working out instead of trying to go at night after they're in bed. Now don't fall off your chairs, folks. That's right, I said I have been getting up before my kids. I don't think I've ever woken before my children since I gave birth to them. This is a big step for me. And I'd dare say I've been pretty good at sticking with it so far. I'm thinking maybe I'll work towards a 5k this summer? Once again, don't fall off your chairs or pass out.Oh yeah, and I've also been trying my hardest to not tear up every day when I step on the scale and it hasn't budged a single smidgen bit. I mean really, 6 weeks into this and nothing??? I'm trying not to be a tad bitter...
3. Been planning my TEN YEAR reunion. That's right, class of 1999...it's been 10 years. For any of you who read this blog and are SR 1999 alumni--the reunion is set for July 11. (if I don't have your mailing address, could you kindly get it to me? thanks!) Yeah, so let's just say...had I known ten years ago that I'd be living 2,000 miles away from my high school 10 years after I graduated, I don't know if I'd have really considered running for "Senior Class President"...but oh well! You do what you gotta do, 2000 miles away or not! (digging through closets in spring cleaning, came across my yearbook...my senior class of roughly 190 people!)
And while we're talking about life 10 years ago...I also came across my senior pictures. In fact, these were taken almost exactly 10 years ago since I had them done on my 18th birthday, which happens to be in April (yes, so that means I'm almost 28 if you're doing the math, gulp!). And since I guess I'm in the mood for humiliating myself, I'm even posting them here. Yes, that WAS me and that WAS my hair (how on earth was it possible to keep it so long?). And I thought I was fat. Ha ha ha, hee heee hee, hoo hoo hoo, excuse me I can't stop laughing. Let's just say if my 18 year old self could have taken a glimpse at my 28 year old self, it would have done my 18 year old self esteem and confidence a whole heck of a lot of good!
4. Been taking photos. Editing photos. Repeating the process. Keeping me busy, but busy is good! My photo blog should be getting a nice little update in the next week or two.
5. Been trying my hardest to keep this child fed. Oh my goodness, is he ever starving lately? Tyler has never been a hungry kid, never been one to complain of being hungry or wanting something to eat, rarely asked for snacks, usually needed a little bit of "encouragement" to finish his plate. But oh my goodness, take that boy's adenoids out and suddenly there's a hole in his stomach the size of Texas that needs filled. It's been the craziest thing. He tells me he's hungry all day long and finishes a meal in about 5 seconds flat and has even asked for a second helping. And I guess I better just gear up for it since I'm sure it'll be like this until he leaves the house--he is a boy after all.I've also been adjusting to having him not nap anymore. Yes, I know he's almost 4 1/2, so it's kind of a miracle we held out this long, but up until a couple weeks ago, he really needed it. But I think after his surgery, he has had a lot more energy and can hack it without a nap and it hasn't been all that bad. Just one more transition to make, harder for me than him I'm sure. But I'm getting there, just trying to adjust to less "me" time, not that I had a lot to begin with!
Oh, and PS--he has his post-op doctor's appointment today and things look FANTASTIC. She is really pleased with things and I am really pleased with things. He has been like a new kid since he had his surgery three weeks ago. I am SO SO SO glad we finally had it done!
6. And oh boy, where do I begin with this kid?? I've been adjusting to him having only one nap a day instead of two. The nap adjustment for both boys came at the same time, of course. And for him, it's been a STRUGGLE. But it's been getting better day by day. This boy keeps me busy, like seriously busy. My work is generally undone about 2 minutes after getting done when he's awake. He, too, likes to eat and wants to snack all day long. We have to just simply get out of the house to distract him sometimes! I spend a good portion of my time trying to stop him from screaming at me, fun fun!
And I basically have to keep him from climbing and falling all day long, and jumping right into that there Mississippi River head first!
But he's learning new things every single day and I love seeing the little wheels turning in his head. It's SUCH a fun age for discovery, love it!7. Been taking care of my husband who was sicker than a dog last week with a staff infection. Little did I know that staff is a natural bacteria that lives in your body and can become infected at any time, for various reasons. I always thought you contracted a staff infection after you had surgery or something...but no. We have no idea what caused him to get the infection, but I will say he had me worried sick for about 24 hours...but things are looking up, he's feeling good, the doctor is happy with how well it's healing and I am relieved. Phew!
So, is that enough reasons for y'all to excuse my blogging absence? I surely hope so. :) With Easter this weekend, I'll surely have more posts coming soon. I'm sure you're sitting on the edge of your seats with excitement. Yippee!
And I can't possibly end this post without wishing Garrett's mom a most Happy Birthday today! We love you, Grandma T and hope you had a fabulous day celebrating!





21 comments:
Sounds like you have been busy! I can't believe it's been 10 years, we must be getting old. My baby is older than yours, and I still haven't found the ambition to lose the baby fat. The want yes, ambition no. So sad.
I had been wondering where you were! I SUPPOSE those are all good enough reasons...
I am so glad Tyler is feeling like a new little man. I am sure he is getting much better sleep now that they have been removed.
Sam is a cutie. I can't imagine what sort of trouble he and Shelby would get into if they got together!
you've been busy! but you always manage to get it all done - you are so good at everything you do becky! miss you tons!!! oh by the way where is my name on the blogs your read list?!!
Welcome back! And yes, I have been anxious to hear what you've been up to as a matter of fact :) You always have wonderful posts - always great pics & so fun to read. I'll be looking forward to an Easter post next week...
You have a lot better reasons than I do for not blogging. I havent done anything in a whole month. My excuse-lazy.
Glad Tyler is doing great and glad that Garrett is on the mend.
You haven't aged a day, BTW. Hope your 10 year is a blast and good luck with the planning!!
Oh my goodness, where do I start?
Well, first, I hope Garrett is doing ok! That is scary to say the least. I think that you've had your share of medical mystery and mayhem so no one else is allowed to get sick with any mysterious ailments from here on out, ok? ;-)
Good for you for running! I can't wait to be able to start running again- but I think it will probably still be a while. Once Chloe can hold her head up, I'll probably just put both kids in the jogging stroller and take them around the neighborhood a few laps. At least I'll be moving more than I am right now! And getting motivation to get out of bed before the kids are up is the hardest part I think- it's so easy to talk yourself into going back to sleep. Keep up the great work!
Oh, and planning a High School reunion must be a daunting task- how to contact all of those people across the country and world! I will say that you have just the personality for it though- fun and bubbly!
We, just like you, are dealing with Peyton's grumpy shenanigans in our house. He is a cute little guy, but he is in that stage where if he wants it, he wants it NOW! Not 5 minutes from now, NOW! :-) So I can completely sympathize with what you're going through with little Sam the Q-tip man! It is fun to watch him discover something new though- it makes all of those No's, hitting, and squirming to get away worth it.
I am so glad Tyler is doing so well! It sounds like this surgery was just the thing for him. I'm sure that the no nap/eating more is a new challenge but it sounds like he is doing worlds better!
Well, I hope you can take it easy a bit this Easter weekend and enjoy your wonderful boys! It sounds like you are due a nice little break here soon!
I'm not very happy about some of the pictures in this post. WHY? Because of the shorts, sandals and short sleeved shirts. Boo for US stuck in the icy tundra! Looks like you are having fun in the sun.
Hey,
It's only eight in dog years.
http://www.brownielocks.com/april.html
Geez, did I say eight? I was thinking about me!!!
Happy FOURTH!
It was fun to read what you've been up to lately. The past ten years have really passed so quickly. It's hard to believe we're really getting that old. The reunion is now penned onto my calendar. We are looking forward to it. I'm pretty sure you have our address already since you mailed me that awesome Ghost craft last Halloween.
Hey Becky! I loved your comments about looking at yourself 10 years later. I think every teenage girl thinks that they are fat! I have also been working out on my eliptical for 3 months now and no change in weight. You're not alone! Could it be all the yummy snacks I eat? I've decided it's not about what I weigh, but how I feel!
Wow, you haven't blogged in two weeks, thank-you, because now I don't look so bad since I usually get around to it only every month or so!! Don't give up the running thing! I finally felt like I had it somewhat mastered and really liked it before I got pregnant. Now I still do it, but it is hard. It better pay off post-pregnancy! I'm glad to hear that Tyler's surgery was all worth it. I have been thinking about him and wondering if you noticed a difference. My kids definently were much better after their T&A's were removed. We love you and miss you. Call me!
I'm so sorry that Garrett has been so sick. It sounds like it was terrible. Hope all is well now. I know about the working out and the weight loss (or lack of) I've been working out since January and I finally got on the scale yesterday and it dropped 1 1/2#, but then I ate and guess what, it was right back up there today. But we feel better anyway, right? I also know about the cleaning bug. You should see all the clothes that were too small that I gave to D.I. I think I'm keeping them in business. I miss you and wish we could be together for Easter. So glad that Tyler is doing so well. Does he like vegetables now too? Love you, MomA
Nice job on the picture of the shoes. You're amazing. Oh, and I love your senior picture!
I am laughing out loud at you! You are hilarious! I thought you looked great at 18 and I know from pics you look great at 28 too. By the way... you are amazing... even a simple pic of tennis shoes is awesome! If I ever took a picture that looked that good I would blow it up, frame it, and it would be the main attraction in my house, no matter what it is of! Good job on the running. You are inspiring me... I need to start getting up before my kids too... ugh!! That is actually my goal starting this week so thanks for the inspiration!! I love you!!
Just got an invitation for my 10 year reunion too. Crazy how time flies huh? I should try to find some of my senior pix... I loved yours! You're still beautiful. (Just so you know.)
I hate running too and all those people who claim to like it are obviously lying sacs. I mean really who could like that crap? Kudos to you for going for it and I hate you for the sun you are enjoying!!!!
Wow...your pictures are just gorgeous! I kick myself that I never knew what and AMAZING photographer when we lived next door to you guys! Tell Tyler that almost all my life I wanted to go to the "Disneyland Mission." Miss you tons and glad that you posted!
Amanda
I am so glad to get another Thalgott fix. I was going through withdrawls. Sounds like things have been just a little crazy around your house. Poor GT all sick and icky. It is so amazing that Tyler has "changed" so much since his surgery. And i LOVED the senior pictures. It is so funny to look back at ourselves. I am just glad I only have to look back at pictures and not of video of myself back at school. I cringe just rememberiing it in my head.
good luck on our running some of my girl friend are doing this couch to 5k thing and you can put it on your ipod. Also I have the same shoes so think of me when you put them on. good luck girl I know you can do it.
Post a Comment