So I do believe I professed my love for a good New Orleans sno-ball on this blog before. So when our friend Napoleon was celebrating his birthday with a sno-ball crawl, you can bet we were in on that! What is a sno-ball crawl, you ask? Well, you've heard of a pub crawl perhaps...so same concept just hitting up sno-ball stands instead of bars. :) Now we're talking! So, April 30 was the day and we headed out for an afternoon of sugary, syrupy goodness.
First up was Hansen's Sno-Bliz. Hansen's is where it's at as far as I'm concerned. They are the original sno-ball shop and there really isn't a comparison...there's Hansen's and then there's everything else. It really is just like eating freshly fallen powdery snow...with sno-ball syrup! Hansen's has been around for like 1,000 years and hasn't changed their shop one single bit since the day they opened, I'm convinced. All the more reason to love this place!




Next we hit up Plum St. sno-balls. (I actually believe we hit up another joint in between the two...one that wasn't all that great and I didn't take any pictures and I don't remember what it was called! So it obviously wasn't too memorable!) Plum St is another good old classic place and the bananas foster sno-ball is definitely a favorite there! Plus the fact that they serve some of their sizes in Chinese take out boxes! Love that!
Our last stop was Lou Lou's in Metairie. It was a place I'd never been before and I was pleasantly surprised. It was yummy! By this point, the sugar was getting the best of us and it was almost painful to down another one. I needed something real to eat, for sure! But you do what ya gotta do, so we did it. :) The boys sure never complained, though! Go figure!



And with a serious sugar high, we packed up the kids in the car and called our first sno-ball crawl a huge success! And then we didn't want to look at sugar for weeks afterwards!










2 comments:
That looks super fun
Seriously...best birthday party ever. Why did I never think of this?!
Post a Comment