So...continuing on with my update. My efforts got put on hold a little bit as we celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving with Garrett's parents. I was having too much fun to blog! But I am determined to keep this going (so before long I'll actually be blogging Thanksgiving, I hope!).
Our Easter festivities kicked off a few days earlier with an Easter egg hunt for Play Group. Tyler had one at school, but I wasn't there so I don't have pictures of that. Sam was especially excited that he found a big blue egg and wouldn't put it down. It is his favorite color, after all!


Tyler had Good Friday off from school, so we went and saw the movie Rio. The boys loved it! It seems like it has almost become a tradition to go see a movie on Good Friday. Garrett usually has Good Friday off too, but this year he had to work since he was back on the assignment he had been on at the beginning of the year. So we were back to seeing much less of him again. :(


On Sunday, the boys got decked out in their newest church attire, and looked mighty handsome, I might add. :) Although as I look back through pictures now, I see that they needed haircuts in a BAD way! Yikes!
Since Garrett was around on Sunday, we saved our Easter egg dying for then. It is always a ton of fun. This year we used the jumbo muffin pan trick and it worked fabulously!


I always love looking at the eggs when they're finished. Such masterpieces!
And our Sunday continued on with a delicious dinner of ham, potatoes, salad, deviled eggs, rolls, and carrot cake for dessert. Yum!
And a few more pictures from April...Tyler had teacher appreciation week at his school and each day during the week, they had some sort of spirit day. This particular day was punk rocker day. (something about it being tied to 'because our teachers rock'...and then somehow that meant the kids were all dressing as rockers??? Anyhow...). Of course Tyler wanted to take part so we did our best to spike his hair. And since I had neglected my boys' hair at this time, it was extra long and perfect for a big mohawk. We put some serious gel and hairspray in his hair and when he got home that day, it looked completely untouched. It was still stiff as a board! He was also very obsessed with American Idol at the time, particularly with James Durbin--the rocker, so he was thrilled to pretend he was James Durbin for the day!













No comments:
Post a Comment