Sunday, November 7, 2010

Farewell to Summer

It was Labor Day Weekend (yes, these pictures are only two months old now. Go me!) and we figured we'd better get one last swimming trip in before school started and things started getting a little crazier. And it's a good thing we did since it actually did end up being the last time we went swimming this year! After school started, it just didn't happen. But we went enough in the summer to last a lifetime, I think! Although, I don't think you could ever go too much. I do love being able to spend the majority of our time at the pool during the summer. It is the only thing that helps me cope with the inferno that I live in from May through September!

Our biggest accomplishment of the summer was that Tyler learned how to swim, finally, for real, all by himself! There were times I honestly thought this day would never come! Is he swimming laps and winning races? No way! But he is doing better than I ever imagined. Just the fact that he's loosened up enough to do it is huge! It certainly made my life easier to have him swimming independently and have Sam in floaties doing his thing...I dare say I even just 'laid out' a few times that we were there. It's been a while since I could say that!
Sam is still totally content and happy and good as gold getting around with his floaties on. He will be an interesting one to teach how to swim since he can NOT stand having someone hold him in the water. So, floaties it is until then!












And once again, we said good bye to summer, surprised at how fast it flew by! Summer here can drag a bit with the heat, but with a trip to Idaho and several trips to the pool, we were happy campers. And I continue to become a pretty big fan of summer, even in the South! So, until next year...farewell summer! (now aren't you glad the summer posts are DONE?! Hoping I can keep up this whole updating gig!)

1 comment:

cshel said...

Life is much better when kids learn how to swim. Always makes trips to the pool a little more enjoyable without the stress. Cute boys!