Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Idaho Adventures, Part 2: Back at Camp

So...from the ice caves, we managed to make our way back to camp. The boys enjoyed throwing rocks off the bridge into the creek. I'm quite certain they could have stayed there ALL DAY LONG and never tired of it. What is it with boys and rocks and bodies of water of any shape or size? Mine seem to attract to them like magnets. So the bridge was a happy (yet slightly dangerous) place for these boys the entire time we were there!





And wouldn't ya know...Sam managed to find his way to the bridge immediately upon our return. He (with his left hand, of course) could have also spent every waking minute in this spot throwing rocks (until he landed himself in the creek and all).
And something tells me that his tumble into the creek began something like this picture below...(perhaps reaching a little too far for your rock would cause you to lose your balance?? Um, yeah). But we kept a close watch on that kid and he never fell in the creek again...
And after some delicious tinfoil dinners, it was time to get the fire going and make s'mores.
And apparently, pretty much the entire family had to help Garrett roast these marshmallows just perfect. Aren't I glad Tyler can "help" Sam so well??? ugh.

S'mores were a big hit, of course. How can they not be???

And Tyler taught me that sometimes when you've got sticky s'mores fingers, your pinky may be your only option...
Stay tuned for our day at the lake, coming next...

3 comments:

aidanjordan said...

Hehehe...love those boys!

Doug, Marilee & Co. said...

Yum! I wish I was eating a S'more right now!

The Nielsen Family said...

I am still laughing at that last picture. Oh too classic!! And your pictures of the boys throwing the rocks were more classic boy pictures.