All righty roo...yes, these pictures are officially over a month old now. Aaaah! I hate being so behind on my blog. But some way or another, I am going to get caught up, really I promise!So, on our big Thalgott Family excursion, Friday July 3 was going to be beach day. This was after a night of camping, which I have to report went fairly well. It was Sam's first time and he slept great until about 4 am and woke up itching like crazy because he had close to 4,000 mosquito bites (I swear!). He was miserable! So we were up for a little while and miraculously, he went back to sleep after about an hour, so I guess I'll just say it could've been worse! But I think regardless of how my kids slept, I still would have slept terrible because I was so worried about them waking up.
So, most of us were pretty tired for beach day, but it didn't seem to phase us! We stopped in at Grandma Wilks's house for breakfast and headed down to the lake. There's not all that much to really report about our time at the lake other than it was just the perfect day. I know I've probably been overusing the phrase "so much fun", but really...it was so much fun! The kids were in heaven, they got along, they were happy, we were all relaxing...it was just a really great time. The water was pretty warm and the great thing about Bear Lake is that it's very shallow for a long ways, so you don't have to be super worried about the kids while they play.
So with that said, I'll (pretty much) let the pictures speak for themselves...





(funny how they don't realize that when you try to wipe the sand out of your mouth, it only makes it worse!)

Cash had a few swimsuit issues, which resulted in a really sad and unfortunate sunburn the next day!
Tyler learned how to do the kickboard and loved it!
And even little Pierce got in on the action and loved his time at the lake!
Sam put a new meaning to having sand in every crevice. Seriously, it was unreal!

Uncle Todd dug out a big hole and it started filling with water and the boys called it the "hot tub" and jumped in and out of it over and over...


And a few quick family pictures before we left...the Kirwans definitely win the prize for the best one. They look much happier to be having their picture taken then the Thalgotts do, that's for sure! And I realize now that this is the only picture of me from the whole trip...I've got to be better about that!
And we headed back to Grandma's house, and then back to camp. And the boys were both asleep before we had even made it off the beach. All that playing can really wear you out!And now stay tuned for the 4th of July, coming next...





12 comments:
Looks like you guys had a GREAT time, I love Sam's "sand in every crevice," I bet bathtime was not a fun adventure. :)
I can't believe how blue that water is for a lake! I guess when I hear lake I think of the muddy Lake Pontchartrain. What a beautiful, scenic place to get to spend vacation time!
Looks like such a great time. Of course I love the pictures as well!!
ahh... Bear Lake... I've been there too!!! Your pictures are priceless... and I am sure the memories are too!!!
ahhh, I love Bear Lake. Looks like you guys had "so much fun!"
Oh that was another great day. I am just so glad that our little family reunion turned out so good. I am glad to hear you all had such a good time because Jim and I loved it---even the terrible rain storm that rained us out of camp. Too bad we dont have pictures of that and moms house with things stacked up everywhere. Thank heavens for mom. I think she loved it though. I wish we could have made another day trip back to Bear Lake before you left but just not enough time. Oh well, we loved the time we got!!! Love and miss you. momt
Yea! I've been waiting for your Bear Lake pictures so I could say, "we saw them there." Your pictures are much better than ours. How do you do that? It was so nice to see you and the rest of the family. It had been such a long time. Your boys are cute in pictures but even cuter in real life. Glad I got to see you.
I love these pictures, they turned out great, but they always do!
Looks like your trip was full of lots of fun!!! I'm glad you had so much fun - despite the mosquito bites and sand everywhere. Kids LOVE the sand; but you kind of have to bathe them twice to get all of the sand out of everywhere and to get some fresh water!
I love the sand in the mouth pics! I love the beach as much as the next person but sand in every part of the body just makes me cringe! Still, what a beautiful place to spend the day...
What a cute butt crack, but sad story at the same time. The boys look so cute in these pics.
Post a Comment