So, as promised...here are some of Garrett's pictures from the awesome Nawlins Air Show from May 2nd. The Blue Angels were fantastic from what I understand. Tyler was enthralled and has talked about them time and time again. I'm so glad that he gets the opportunity to do things like this with Garrett (and Grandpa too, in this case!). What fun they had!



And if you thought that was impressive, it hardly even compares to THIS air show we were lucky enough to be a part of a couple days later. We were shopping at WalMart when Tyler spotted this kite. He about lost it. "A Blue Angel kite, Mom! Look at thiiiiiis!!!". And the oohs and ahhhs continued. And so I caved. I couldn't help it and $10 later, we had ourselves a Blue Angels kite of our very own. And it was almost impossible to wait long enough for Daddy to get home to fly it. But we survived and headed to the park immediately following dinner, and found the perfect conditions for an air show of our very own. Here are some photos--be prepared to be impressed at this amazing air show footage.
















6 comments:
Mom and dad of the year!! Maybe this will inspire Scott to get out and fly a kite with the kids... I mean Garrett is even still in his work clothes! I love it! What lucky boys you guys have!
It looks like that was $10 well spent! The boys (including Garrett) look completely enthralled!
looks like fun. We have that same kite and we love it. to bad we don't live closer.
Garrett did great on those photos from the airshow! The kite flying photos were so cute. It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.
I've always been impressed with Garrett's photo abilities, even Tyler has been known to take some good ones. When are you guys coming to visit? We'll have to go on a picnic while you're here. Maybe we'll even get to go water skiing!
Wow Garrett has some major skill with that camera of yours!! Very cool pictures. And to imagine finding a kite just like Tyler's favorite planes, geez. The picture of Garrett helping Tyler steer and the last picture with Tyler's arm around Sam are so precious!!
Post a Comment