
(the scene from I-70 through Kansas on Saturday...looked like this pretty much the entire way through the state)
...we're home. From the morning we left on Dec. 27 through last night, we logged 4848.6 miles on our car--more than we had driven it the previous 6 months combined. And I could go without eating at McDonalds again for a very long time, but Playlands are worth their weight in gold on an insanely long car ride with two kids. We rolled in at about 10:00 last night and can't say how thrilled we were to get here. Our trip was fun and we loved seeing everyone, but we were definitely ready to be home. Our fun included, but was not limited to: an ear infection for Sam plus a few new teeth, lots of screaming in the middle of the night (emphasis on LOTS), a $96 speeding ticket on I-80 in Wyoming--one of the few times I was driving, of course, thanks to something called a "seasonal speed limit" that I was not aware of (and we thought driving would be CHEAPER than flying), 4-wheeler rides, a trip to the cabin, surprising lots of people, snowmobile rides, sledding, playing, watching hours and hours of movies in the car (thank goodness for DVD players!), driving, driving, driving, laughing, crying, etc. Our trip pretty much had it all!
I'll have more to post once I have the time and enough courage to dig through all the pictures I took. And for now, I'm just staring back at all the items in my house that are staring at me waiting to be put away. I'm exhausted! Check back in a couple of days for updates (now I know you're all just on the edge of your seat and all!).





6 comments:
Welcome Home!!! Sorry that you have a bunch of stuff from our place now residing in your place. We love you guys and miss you lots. Tell Tyler that the Deer Corn sinks so only those Muskovy ducks like. Oh, by the way the nutria love it too. Love ya,
I wish I could have seen you guys. I tried calling 3-4 times one week and never got an answer. Anyway, glad you all had a safe trip!!!
Oh Becky, come on everybody knows about those "seasonal speed limits" you don't have to play dumb to us! :) It's called Wyoming needed to pay some extra bills this month.
You guys are Adventurous, to say the least. Wow. The things we go through to see our families, right? I'm glad you're still alive and that you had fun. Can't wait to see pictures of ID.
I'm glad you made it home safe, and also that you were able to spend time with your families. I'm sure it was a very nice surprise for them to have you guys show up.
Oh you are a brave, brave, brave woman! That is seriously a major trip.
Love that photo!
Post a Comment