Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Christmas 2011

  All right...here it is.  The last and final post to close out 2011.  I am a lame blogger, I know.  But we are not going to focus on that right now.  I just can't leave stuff out, I am too OCD...so it means that I blog about stuff 9 months after it happens.  Oh well, right?!  So, this brings us to Christmas Day 2011.  And boy, did it not disappoint!  I think the looks on these faces tell it all!  We had to get up extra early to open presents and such so we could get to church on time.  There was a mad dash to open up the presents!


 It was Smokey the Fire Truck & Hot Wheels Mega Garage for Sam, and the Nerf Vortex Nitron blaster and an Erector set for Tyler.  Santa came through with this one, even though it wasn't easy....ahem, let's just say Santa was driving around to every Target in a 60 mile radius looking for that stinking erector set.  The things Santa does!



 A Creepy Crawler bug maker from Grandma & Grandpa!




 All ready to go to church, handsome guys!
 A little toy for me...  :)
 And one of my favorite gifts--I absolutely love chef John Besh.  I have eaten at many of his restaurants.  I love his style, I love how much he loves New Orleans, and I am quite fond of his cooking show.  :)  Yeah, I'm a nerd!  So Garrett found out that he was doing a book signing for his newest cookbook and he took the boys and bought both cookbooks and had them signed.  It was awesome!  And I loved that Tyler and Sammy also thought they should sign one of them too.  I can't see why not...they are just as cool as John Besh!

 Riding the new scooter...making laps through the house!
 Making some bugs...
 Playing with Smokey...

 And boy, oh boy...was this helicopter quite the entertainment as well!  It was so much fun (until it crashed a little too hard :(...


 And...a sign of sure success was falling asleep on the floor to end the night right next to your most prized toy!  So sweet!  (in new Sainta pajama pants, too!)


 And throughout the holiday break we enjoyed another of my newest toys...a fryer.  I love that thing, probably a little too much!  So we used the new fryer and John Besh's beignet recipe and there were no complaints here, that's for sure!  SO yummy!



Tyler with his first erector set masterpiece.  Those things are hard to put together!  I think it may have been a little over his level, but oh well...he will use it for a lot of years I suppose!  And there we have Christmas 2011.  It was a great day.  A great day to be together, attend church and remember our Savior Jesus Christ, and count our blessings.  Now...on to 2012!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun to see the excitement on the boys faces and experience Christmas with you guys. It looked so fun. I cant believe it is right around the corner. Time flies. Get posting Becky!!! Thanks for keeping us posted. We love it.

Anonymous said...

oh--love grandma t.