Well, there really isn't much to report on for January of this year. It was a very mild month in many ways. The post-holiday slump had hit us, I guess. And January around here means the start of Mardi Gras season...we just jump from one big season to the next. So my king cake making festivities got off to a quick start. And no one complained about it, that's for sure!
January also brought on the most insanely warm winter weather ever. Obviously we had a more mild winter than most states, but it's usually still cold enough to wear jeans and a jacket and turn the heat on. But not this year. It was SOOO crazy warm, it was weird! Our yard had hot pink blooming flowers on every tree and bush in the property and it felt far from the month of January. I'm sure these flowers are all winter/spring blooms anyways, but it sure did make it feel like late Spring instead of the middle of Winter!
This one particular tree at the front of the house was so heavy with these pink/white mix flowers and it started shedding them and the petals were everywhere.
Shorts & short sleeves to school in January...isn't this how everyone does it?!
And one random Sunday afternoon, the boys came to me looking like this telling me they were 'tough guys'. I'm not so sure how tough they are, but it did make me laugh. They insisted on some pictures.
Trying so hard not to crack the "tough" persona...not doing so well with it!
Looking reeeeeal tough, huh, Sam?
Yeah, this one doesn't fool me...that tough guy act didn't last long at all!
And last, but not least, January found ourselves with a student of the week in the house. Here is his poster he had to fill out.
I am 7 year old
What I want to be when I grow up: and aquarium owner
My Pet: I wish I had a fish
My friends are: Trevor, Thomas, Knox, my brother
Favorite color: green
Favorite book: Ghost Town at Sundown
As you can imagine, this boy felt pretty special with this title!
And that's about it for January 2012!





















1 comment:
Loved all the pictures. Pretty cute tough guys I would say. Beautiful flowers. What a great place to be in January. love Grandma T.
Post a Comment