Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Next Move

A transcript of a recent conversation between Tyler and me:

Tyler: Mom, you know what? I was born in IOWA! (he truly loves this fact and tells this to people often)
Me: Yes, you were! And after we lived in Iowa, we moved to Louisiana. And that's where Sam was born.
Tyler: Yeah, that's right.
Me: So, if we moved again and didn't live in Louisiana anymore, where should we move to?
Tyler: Well, um...how about Jerusalem?
Me: Oh, well...that would probably be a really nice place to live. But I kind of don't think we would ever move there.
Tyler: Well, then we could move to that one place that's kind of dark sometimes...called...oh yeah...called the Wilderness.
Me: Oh really? The wilderness, huh?
Tyler: Or no, Mom, I know. Really we should just move to Jesus Town.
Now admit it...the title of this post sucked you in, didn't it??? Well, no this isn't an announcement, but believe me, if we happen to be packing up and moving to Jerusalem, the Wilderness, or Jesus Town, y'all will be the first to know.

And as a side note...can you roll your tongue like this? Tyler just discovered that he can, and that discovery has led to further discovery that I can also roll my tongue and Garrett can not roll his (or spread his toes...is there a connection?). The verdict on Sam will be out when he gets a little older. Exciting stuff here, folks.

11 comments:

Kristel said...

That really was a hilarious conversation! Janie thought it was pretty funny too.

Henricksen Family said...

yeah for Jesus town.

Anonymous said...

When you move to Jesus Town can I come with you? I think it will be a neat place to visit. What a kid! (he and you got your tongue rolling abilities from me) MomA

Angie said...

haha I'm so glad you're not moving to Jerusalem. :) But you can tell Tyler that Mike & I are basically moving to the wilderness for a while when we're in Nicaragua haha He can come if he wants lol

Lori Davis said...

I love Jesus town! That is one smart kid... seriously my kids would be like Jerusalem, wilderness, what?? He may be too smart for the friendship! :)

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

kids say the darnedest things!!! how funny..

Doug, Marilee & Co. said...

I'm not sure about the tongue rolling thing, but Doug can not spread his toes out and it bugs him really bad when I show him how I can spread mine out and even pick up things! He thinks I'm some kind of freak or something, but really I think he's the freak with no toe skills!

Lexi said...

Jesus town. I love it! :-)

emily said...

Turns out that being able to roll your tongue is a classic dominant trait, and if you can roll yours and your mate cannot (I think it's funny to call Garrett your "mate"), your children are likely have a 50% chance of being able to roll theirs. Just a little mendelian genetics to brighten your day!

Oh, and did I ever blog about how Avery wanted a Jesus birthday party this year? Well, she did. I bet she and Tyler could throw together one slammin Jesus bash...

cshel said...

OK, Tyler is pretty funny. I hope Jesus Town and the Wilderness are closer to Iowa that Louisiana!! So you should definitely take Jerusalem off the list.

I can roll my tongue. :-)

Tenise said...

That is hilarious! We've lived in and by some towns in the south that could be called "Jesus Town," so it might not be that far of a move! Haha! That little guy is funny!