Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Breakfast with Santa & KCS Holiday Express

So...yep, I'm blogging about Christmas and it's June.  I was on such a good run there getting blogged all the way through Thanksgiving.  And all I had left to do was blog about December and 2011 would be in the books.  But then March/April were not the kindest, and then we had a computer crash, and, and, and...now we are in the middle of June.  I just returned from Girls Camp last week and now feel like blogging again.  So perhaps the next few weeks will finally give me a little more time?  We shall see, but here's a start!
 So, December 3 our ward had a breakfast with Santa activity for their Christmas party.  It was great and pretty easy going for such a busy month.  The boys got to wear their pj's and we ate our breakfast and waited for Santa to arrive.  They both had their lists memorized, of course.  Although, they changed about 45 times from December 3 to December 24 {sigh}.
Our Santa was seated in such a way that I couldn't get the best pictures and he didn't let the kids sit on his lap (he was getting them over & done with in quick fashion, I tell you!), so my pictures aren't the greatest.  But here is the proof that they saw him, asked for their presents, and got their candy can!



Later that day, we decided to get in the car for a drive.  About an hour or so away in LaPlace, there was going to be an appearance from the Kansas City Southern Holiday Express train.  It is a train that makes stops all over the country during Christmas time and it hauls Santa Claus and his elves and is all decorated and super cute.  The boys loved it, even though Sam was not a interested in getting his picture with an elf (above) or with Santa (below)!





 It was a great way to get our Christmas season started!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hahaha!!! Merry Christmas! looks like it was a good one! ;)