| So, we made it! We met the teacher, found his desk, ensured him that he would be able to eat school lunch that day (he was wanting to eat at the cafeteria SO bad, so we made sure that he could, which really put him at ease, I think!), and just like that...we told him good bye and left. Left him there in that big classroom in that big school, where he didn't know a single soul. And I lost it in the car. I really did. This was so hard for me this year. I knew I would miss him during the day and stuff, but more than anything, I was just worried about the adjustment of all of this. All those worries got the best of me. And as we pulled up to our house, Sam said "now I can't even ride bikes because Tyler's not here". Yeah, that didn't help. Those two sure are good little buddies. |
4 comments:
Way to go Tyler & Sam! Sorry you both got sick, but I'm so glad you're all better now. Be nice to Mom, this kind of stuff is hard on us Moms. Love Grandma A
I love those boys. Pretty sure his first day was hard on me here in Idaho, too! Glad that's behind us:)
What a sweet and thoughtful boy that Sam is!
Oh I was a mess too. I went through that with my two kids now I am going through it with my grandkids!!! Just got through Tyler's firsts and I then I had Cash to worry about with his firsts with kindergarden. I am glad everyone is adjusting and feeling better. What a couple of bad weeks for you guys. Glad everybody is feeling better. Love you guys. Grandma T
Post a Comment