
It's safe to say that Tyler loves to read. He 'cracked the code' early in the school year and has taken off like wild fire since. He continues to amaze me each day with each new thing he figures out and reads. He plows through the books he brings home every day. But in February, he hopped in the car after school especially excited. He pulled out his new library book to show me what it was and excitedly announced that he had brought home his first chapter book! Oh boy, I thought this would be way over his head. But I was wrong!

We came home and he quickly made some signs and put them on the TVs. That is a picture of a TV with a line drawn through it. My child insisting that we not watch TV?? What is this world coming to? I thought I'd never see the day! But, you see, he wanted no distractions as he dug into this book. Can't say I blame him! (the sign above also has written "no troning with crayns or pencils" which means no drawing with crayons or pencils because he caught Sam drawing on his precious sign. So he had to add a stern warning, of course) And yes, I know that I have lots of fingerprints & dust on my TV. :)

So, he holed himself up for the afternoon and read away, diving into the Cam Jansen mystery.




And just like that, the first chapter book is in the books! I am so happy he loves to read, although I have also learned that nothing is "safe" anymore as I can't spell a word to Garrett that I don't want the kids to pick up on and he reads my e-mails and everything else in sight. He has already figured out how to search things on google because he's watched me do it. There's no stopping him now! I have to watch myself, that's for sure! :) I imagine this boy will have a great relationship with books as he continues to grow up. I'm so grateful!
4 comments:
I've loved reading all your new posts! Those king cakes look amazing! I hope you plan on making some when you come in July! Your boys are adorable! We miss you guys a ton!
Wow! I didn't realize it had been so long since I had caught up on your blogs. Now I'm hungry for satsumas, king cake, oranges, grapefruit and valentine cookies! Oh I miss you guys. Grandpa was proud when he saw the "peeled in one piece" oranges. I'm so proud of Tyler for reading chapter books. You guys are awsome! Love you, GmaA
So great to see all the fun things you guys have been doing. Becky, you are so crafty. I love those pillows. I am actually craving something yummy too so all the cookies, brownies and king cake all look so good. Even the fruit sounds good. I cant believe Tyler is doing so much reading in kindergarden. Amazing to me. I am jealous that Jim will be there to visit for a couple of days in a couple of days!!! I am so glad he gets to come though. Guess I will go to bed---without a cookie!!!
love you all and miss you so much. grandma t
And---hope you had a great birthday today.
That T is one awesome guy. And your Valentine's were spectacular of course because it seems you hardly do anything shy of spectacular! Way to go Becky Thalgott. Can I be you when i grow up?!?
Post a Comment