Sunday, July 11, 2010

Last Day!

It's hard to believe Tyler's year of pre-school is already over! On May 24, he had his official last day which included the end of year program for all of the kids to sing the songs they had been working on throughout the year during their music class. And of course, it's just pure entertainment seeing your child up on stage!
Um, looking a little nervous, Tyler? I don't know why since he is definitely not a shy child! But no worries, he warmed right up. Their class sang the Bear Necessities:

Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
Old Mother Nature's recipes
That brings the bare necessities of life

and then they sang Sunshine Day:
I think I'll go for a walk outside now
The summer sun's callin my name
(i hear ya now)
I just can't stay inside all day
I gotta get out and meet some of those rays
Everybody's smilin'
Sunshine day!
Everybody's laughin'
Sunshine day!
Everybody seems so happy today
It's a sunshine day
!

And then all of the classes sang

Walking to New Orleans:
I'm walking to New Orleans
I'm walking to New Orleans
I'm walking to New Orleans
We do our work every day
And then we like to play.
I'm walking to New Orleans. {bum bum}
They All Asked for You:

I went on down to the Audubon Zoo
And they all asked for you
They all asked for you
Well, they even inquired about ya

I went on down to the Audubon Zoo
And they all asked for you
The monkey's asked
The tiger's asked
And the elephant asked f'you, too

Chorus:
Bom-bom-bom, bom-bom
Ba-de-ba, da-bom-bom
Bom-bom
Ba-de-da-bom-bom-bom

(in the picture above, they are pointing for the 'they all asked for YOU' part, and the picture below they are being tigers)
And then they all finished off with a rousing rendition of When the Saints Go Marching In and that was a wrap! It was very entertaining, as you can imagine! My favorite part has been hearing Tyler sing all of these songs every day and now Sam has picked them up too and sings them all the time! Tyler had a great pre-school year and loved it. We really liked his school and his teachers and now I have to wrap my mind around the fact that he'll be starting kindergarten in less than 2 months! But for now, I'm just in denial. :)

3 comments:

aidanjordan said...

Adorable! At this very moment, I can't wait for Shelby to start Kindergarten, but I'm sure I'll be sad when the time comes. ;)

cshel said...

What a cutie Tyler is. He will LOVE kindergarten. You will too after your first day tears. :-)

Tamara said...

Super cute. I love school programs. It turns you into the proudest mommy!